Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Exercise and Food Log 103111

Last day of the month. I am eagerly anticipating the day I step on the scales after a month, but part of me was feeling scared. I won't tell why... I don't want to jinx my positive mood. Hahaha.

Anyway, Bloody Mary decided to visit today. I forgot the last time she visited, but this being the last day of the month, I am thankful she visited today; that means since 2004 (when I was diagnosed with PCOS and got treated for it), I still haven't missed a month. Awesome!

My flow was very light today, so I decided to continue exercising.
  • 8:45am - Billy Blanks Jr.'s Waist Workout (repeated three times, with 2lb dumbbell each hand)
  • 9:24am - Hip Hop Abs Cardio
  • 10:05am - Elliptical Machine (2 minutes)
  • 12:20pm - Dumbbells (6 sets, 30 reps each set)
  • 4:00pm - Hip Hop Abs Ab Sculpt (incomplete, didn't do the last 6 minutes)
  • 4:20pm - Elliptical Machine (2 minutes)


As for my food, I had...

Siomai

  • 9:00am - 1 piece Suman sa Ibos with 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 cup Athena Milk
  • 11:58am - 2/3 cup rice, 2/3 cup Pinakbet (Sitaw, Sigarilyas, Okra, Ampalaya, Eggplant, Squash cooked in broth with bagoong balayan and lean ground pork)
  • 3:56pm - 1/2 cup Buko Juice (Fresh Buko Juice and some strips of Buko meat)
  • 6:49pm - 1/2 cup rice, 5 pieces Chowking Siomai, about 3 tablespoons left over Pinakbet

Oh... I just want to say I didn't eat the okra and ampalaya from the pinakbet. :)

Anyway, something awesome happened today. Yesterday, while I was at the Blue Board, I met someone, who at first just complimented my photography (thank you). It's very usual not to develop deep friendship from the board (although of course I have a few real friends from there), and at first I just thought of this person as someone like that - a pal, whom I can share messages with at the board from time to time...

...until he decided to call me.

Obviously, the talk were very light at first, but I was amazed at how this man got to read my blog (the personal one - I am Janujennifer), and learned that I am on a journey to lose excess weight. He told me he had a mild stroke years ago, which changed his life. He's very okay now, so asking my permission, he said he wanted to help me.

Of course, everything beneficial is something I welcome; after all, being in this journey "alone," it's a breathe of fresh air to cross paths with other people. He started telling me about his story and how he turned his life around. He said, he is seeing himself on me, and didn't want me to go through the ordeals he faced. I welcomed his help with open arms.

Before we called it a night, he told me that now that I welcomed him in my life, he will stick by me to motivate and inspire me to lose weight. I just met him for two days, and already, he has already touched my life. They say, the people we meet along the way will affect our lives one way or the other, and this early, I am already thankful I crossed paths with him.

When I opened this blog, I said that my main goal was just to lose weight. Today, thanks to our talks, I learned what my main goal is: to live longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.