Monday, November 28, 2011

A Day to Celebrate

If you want it, you must will it. If you will it, it will be yours.
- Sven, "Happy Feet Two"

Day 58

Cadets

I wasn't able to walk yesterday (but I sure did one heck of a workout), so today I got up and went to Colinas Verdes. Weekends are truly the best time to walk here as there were so many people walking - some alone, some with significant others, some with family, some with their dogs. I was physically alone for this walk, but I had my iPod with me, so I still enjoyed my walk.

Grass

Tree Bashful Mimosa

Near the clubhouse, I stopped for a while and savored the moment. It was quite a windy day, and breathing the chilly air just felt awesome. I got my sweatshirt on, so despite the low temperature, I still was able to sweat out good. Going back the gate from the clubhouse, Pipoy called to check up on me as he knew I complained much yesterday about how "tough" his workout was. Well, my thighs were still a bit sore, but all was good... I was able to walk at the pace dictated by the tunes I was listening to, so I told him I was perfectly fine.

Lunch at Chic-Boy

I got home around 8am, and about 11-ish in the morning, the family went to Chic-Boy in Fairview to eat lunch. Brother is celebrating his birthday and he chose to eat here. Food in this restaurant can be really cheap - the family ordered a lot yet we only paid around p600. Now I know why this restaurant's quickly gaining their name, it was such a good place for foodies to enjoy great food without draining the wallet.

Rewinding to breakfast just a bit... we were planning what dishes to order and me telling I won't eat much made sister react quite negatively, calling me OA (over acting) about this whole diet thing. She has been encouraging me to cheat - to pig out, be merry, enjoy a day of eating - but I told her I already lost quite a lot of weight this month, I don't want it to go to waste. Well, call it OA, but I don't think I wasn't... I still was able to taste every food on the table (correction... I didn't eat the sashimi), the difference was that I just ate a little of each (scroll down to see how much I ate).

We all enjoyed the food, and I was already contented eating what I had to eat. Pipoy told me we already had our cheat day yesterday (true), so today is basically just like any other day. Back to regular programming as they say. :)

Happy Feet Two

Happy Feet 2 Ticket

After eating lunch, brother went to attend the CLP, while us girls went to the mall. Sister wanted to buy a solution for her contact lenses, and seeing that "Happy Feet Two" is now on 3D, we went to go watch it. I enjoyed this movie better than the first one - maybe because the problem in this movie is much deeper, and that the scenes were quite touching. The shrimps cracked me up a lot (somehow, hearing Brad Pitt and Matt Damon - the two actors behind the shrimps' voices - made me recall the "Oceans 11, 12, 13" movies), and P!nk was a great choice for Gloria's voice (well, Brittany Murphy is missed, yes).

There was a free tub of popcorn for every ticket purchased (for the 3D version), well, it's not really free because we paid p300 for the ticket, yet the ticket itself was only p250 (based on the printed ticket). Well, I didn't eat my popcorn - I closed the plastic and I took it home - with brother as my "recycle bin."

My Chic-Boy Meal

What I ate today:
  • 8:32am - 1/2 cup rice, 50g fish balls (boiled and flaked galunggong fish mixed with cornstarch, minced onions and garlic seasoned with salt and pepper; fried in soya oil), 1/2 cup left over dinengdeng (bataw, patani, malunggay cooked in water seasoned with bagoong balayan)
  • 12:18pm - 1/2 rice (I am not sure how much rice there is based on my own measurement, but I only ate half of it, sister got the other half), a taste each of: Gising-Gising (veggies in sweet chili sauce), Pancit Canton, Lechon Sisig (with lechon sauce), Cebu Lechon Manok, Cebu Lechon Liempo, Ginisang Kangkong sa Bawang; A taste of leche flan and a piece of torones dipped in condensed milk.
  • 7:25pm - 30g Goldilocks' Mocha Cake, 1 piece latundan banana
Total Cups of Water: 14
I totally loved Chic-Boy's food! Well, today I allowed myself to eat pork because I wanted to taste their liempo (as it was a signature dish). For the chicken, brother gave me a cut of the breast part (without the skin - he's supportive, I am glad), but I only took a little as I do know eating small of each would sum up to a lot, so I kept my intake as little as possible.

For dinner, I initially planned to eat oatmeal for dinner, but my friend commented on my Facebook post and suggested I eat oatmeal for dinner so the fiber will stay in my gut the entire day. I did find it a very sensible suggestion, so I am going to follow it. That being said, I ate 30g of brother's cake - just the typical rectangle cakes you can buy at Goldilock's, nothing fancy.

OA or not, it was my choice to eat what I ate. For some it may be too little, for others, it may already be a lot, but I can say I just ate enough - enough to enjoy the dining experience without deprivation.

Yesterday, I shared a quote that was part of my day, today I shared another one. That probably was the quote from the movie that stayed in my head, because I sure can relate to it. It is my will to lose weight and be healthy, and I think I am getting what I will to do.

Follow your bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.