In my efforts to find blogs from the Philippines sharing their weight-loss journeys, I came across Thinspirational Journey. It's a Pro-Ana (pro-anorexia) blog, and while I don't consider myself as a pro-ana (I still go for the "balance"), I found myself reading all of her posts. Being a pro-ana isn't so bad, I reckon, but yes, to each his own.
In one of her posts, she shared some Pro-Ana tips. Some were quite extreme, but some I think can be applied to all of us who struggle to control food intake, so I would like to share to you, those tips, too.
- Eat breakfast! This gets your metabolism going, otherwise you slow it down. Kick start your day.
- Drink Ice water! Your body burns calories trying to heat itself back up.
- Put your fork down between every bite and drink water between every bite.
- Count to 100 if you’re having a craving. Hopefully it will go away. Or wait 20 minutes or however long it’s up to you.
- Wear a rubber band around your wrist, snap it against your skin when you’re tempted to eat. (This is quite funny, but it makes sense, right?)
- When going out, only take out the amount of money that you’ll need. Nothing extra. That way you won’t be tempted to spend it on food.
- Never drink soda, even diet soda.
- Never eat in secret. You can sometimes fool yourself into thinking that because no one saw you, the calories don’t count.
For the full list of tips, check her post HERE.
- * - * - * -
Okay. Sunday wasn't a good day for me, but Monday brought me with much optimism. I was able to do my Waist (jumpstart) Workout, Hip Hop Abs Cardio and Ab Sculpt, as well as the Dumbbells exercises. It was difficult for me to lift the dumbbells, but yes... I was able to do it. Quite sad that I wasn't able to walk to the market because brother left while I was doing the Ab Sculpt routine, and when I had this urge to go out and walk, Aunt Paring came and I had to attend to her. Well, considering I had a very lazy weekend, me doing these things sure made me feel better.
- 8:45am - 1 piece sliced whole wheat loaf bread + 10g corned tuna + 2 cucumber slices
- 12:16pm - 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup Ginisang Upo (chopped bottle gourd, ground lean pork, onions, garlic, and tomatoes sauteed in little soya oil and cooked in boiling water, seasoned with salt and pepper), paper-thin slice chocolate cake
- 2:48pm - 2 pieces mini pretzels (Snyder's of Hanover)
- 6:17pm - 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup mixed veggies (cabbage, carrots, green beans, cooked in little water and butter, seasoned with oyster sauce and pepper), 1 shrimp, 30g fried chicken, 10g chocolate cake
I was craving for fried chicken. Brother fried 6 chicken pieces, and I got the smallest cut, which turned out not to satisfy my cravings, maybe because I was seeing more chicken on our table. I actually had a battle with myself if I will give in to my cravings, to the point that I already picked that other piece of fried chicken and cut it in half using my hands. I nearly put the other half in my mouth when I decided to pinch my wrist real hard (well, I forgot to put a rubber band on my wrist, haha) to help me snap of it. Good thing brother walked by, which made me put down the chicken. I am so proud of myself for not giving in to my cravings.
Good timing, I saw this picture, which is now my motivation.
Have a happy new week, everyone!