Thursday, April 4, 2013

Of Silliness and Lack of Sleep

Last Sunday, I started reading "Fifty Shades of Grey" using my phablet. Well, I still am reading "London Bridges," but because my study lamp won't light anymore, reading "London Bridges" wasn't something I read before I sleep anymore (at least not until I buy a new lamp) because I usually read until my eyes are really tired and sleepy, and getting up to turn off the switch of my room's main light would make me fully awake again.

Anyway, I would just read it a chapter or two at a time... but last night, I started reading the second book "Fifty Shades Darker." I told myself I'd just read a chapter and then go to sleep, so I can wake up early and go out for a morning walk, but I was drawn to this book more than the first one, and it was already 3am and I am still reading it. I tried to put the phablet away so I can sleep, but there's this one song that would ring in my head over and over... with the visuals of Ana and Christian:


"The Gambler" by Fun. I truly find myself listening to their songs over and over, and although this song is written by Nate Ruess for their parents (it's actually a story of their family), some lyrics in the song I just can't help but attach to "Fifty Shades Darker"
  • I don't care to beg your pardon, we should live until we die.
  • I won't just buy you a rose. I will buy the flower shop, and you will never be lonely.
  • Even if the sun stops waking up over the fields I will not leave, I will not leave 'til it's our time.
    So just take my hand, you know that I will never leave your side.
  • You swore you'd be here 'til we decide that it's our time.. well it's not time, you've never quit in all your life. So just take my hand, you know that I'll never leave your side. 
  • You're the love of my life, you know that I'll never leave your side.
...and I decided to turn the phablet again to finish the book. Very romantic eh (the song, I mean)? Actually, some comments on YouTube have a movie in mind to relate to this song... one particular choice was "The Notebook," and I was like, Oh yeah... :)

Well, it's still early for me to provide my personal POV about the EL James books as I still have to finish "Fifty Shades Freed," but if reading "Fifty Shades Darker" from 10pm - 5am meant I found it entertaining, then it was. The last time I found myself drawn to reading a particular book was reading "I Heard That Song Before" by Mary Higgins Clark. Next Thursday, I will talk more about it. :)

------------------
Booking Through Thursday asks,
"What’s the silliest (most foolish?) book you’ve ever read? Did you enjoy it?"

These were just two of the few "silly" books we have in the shelf, both belongs to my brother. The one on the left is actually a joke book, and the author is a Filipino comedian (Gary Lising). Some jokes are funny, some are not... but what I found silly is that by brother actually bought this book. Hahaha.

As for the "Choose Your Own Adventure" books... I call it silly, because if my choices led me to a bad consequence, I'd go back and choose the other. :) I did enjoy these books, but I still prefer the straight story telling books.

-----------------


I woke up at 9am. I still feel sleepy, but I had assignments to do so I could do my workouts as early as possible. After some stretching, I started doing Hip Hop Abs - Cardio, and now I realized how sleep is important to someone. I was okay throughout the 30 minute workout, but I was really tired after. In the afternoon, I did the other Arms Workout, then finished it with Hip Hop Abs - AbSculpt, but the last 5 minutes I still found a little challenging.


Well, I am sure it's quite obvious that I went to eat Brunch instead of Breakfast and Lunch... and since I started eating less, I noticed the growing number of leftover bowls in the fridge, so I decided to reheat one - the Dinuguan, and for dessert, I had melon (90g. including the skin). It was tasteless, but I still ate it - for the fiber. I was lazy to go to the market and buy a variety of vegetables, so I let brother cook tonight's dinner. He cooked Binagoongang Baboy and added eggplants to satisfy my veggie request. I had 50g of pork + 50g of eggplants. For mid-afternoon snacks, I ate 20g of Butterscotch Brownie, and I also had a cup of coffee and a bottle of Yakult. I had lesser water intake today - just 15 cups as of this writing, but still okay. And oh... I had a mouthful of Pansit Bihon that mom took home from a dinner party she attended.

Summer Sunset

Things I am thankful for this day:
  • Eating lunch with sister.
  • The scale wasn't pulling a prank... it was still 210 this morning.
  • A much better photograph of the sunset. Well, the neighbor's house in front of us was blocking the view... what I did was to stand on the wooden sofa in our terrace, tip toe... hold my hand up and aim a shot. This was the best I could do - if I tilt the camera downwards, I'd capture the neighbor's roof deck. The electric wires ruined the shot, but I have no right to hate it - I am thankful for electricity. Haha.
  • My arms are now getting used to the Arms exercises, but like I said earlier, today was tough because I lack sleep.
  • Receiving K's e-mail.
Off to bed now... I gotta need a restful sleep.
Laters!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.