Five major, major things that made me happy this week:
1) My cat.
He started sleeping next to me again, and although he would wake me up in the middle of the night (no need for him to do that the last two days, as I am still awake) so I could open the window for him to go out and do his personal business, he would go back to bed again. Also, his antics never fail to make me happy - even if it means being scratched from time to time.
2) Food Portioning.
When I decided to be off the "weight loss track," I started eating mindlessly again. In my attempts to go back on track, I would say food portioning posed a challenge and measuring the food became a chore that I sort of threw out the idea. The salad project last week taught me to have a little determination, and now I am friends with the measuring cups and diet scale again. I have no idea how much calories I take everyday, but having portions - in grams and/or in cups - allows me to have a sense of direction as far as food intake is concerned.
3) Going out to smell the fresh air.
I am such an indoor person (unless I am traveling, because during my trips, I always prefer to be out), but tending the garden gives me the chance to go out of the house, taking breaks from the usual chores and assignments.
Hot, but tolerable. The summer heat allows me to sweat, and it makes drinking water easier. :)
5) New Hanson video!
MTV premiered the new Hanson video yesterday, but Hanson just uploaded it on YouTube this afternoon (Philippine time), so I just grabbed the code from YouTube. I truly, truly love the sound and the video (their youngest brother Mac is there, by the way - the curly haired guy who looks a little like Jack Black), and as early as today, I am already anticipating their new studio album this June.
Other things this week that made me happy -- exercising, losing a few pounds already, reading three books (the Fifty Shades trilogy), and exchanging e-mails with K - he's happy to say that he has booked another hotel of our choice for the holiday. I already told mom that he's coming soon, and as much as it saddened mom that I will be away from home for three weeks once he arrives, mom is happy for K and I to travel again. She trusts the man to take care of me and sees no problem with the holiday... after all, this would be the third time we would go on a holiday (first was in 2008, second was in 2010).
The crappie things this week?
1) Lack of sleep... definitely.
2) Turning down event invitations. I really need to focus on my weight loss for the next two months, I think of it as accepting a job, or enrolling at a summer class... once K arrives, I'll take a break from the weight loss routines so it's work now, play later for me.
3) Body aches. Though not really annoying, I experienced muscle pains since I started exercising. Thankfully, even if I am eating less, my tummy is not that reacting negatively (meaning, I don't feel hungry that much... but I don't starve myself).
4) I wasn't able to try a healthy recipe this week.
5) Too much laundry. Well, I do video workouts in the morning and afternoon... and I take shower after resting, that means I change clothes twice a day, giving me twice the amount of clothes to wash.
It's the weekend tomorrow... I am quite excited to do the LesMills dance workout, but I do hope I can get the steps right this time. Anticipating Sunday, too - my rest day. I might get a hair cut, but I will definitely pamper my feet.
* Quote on the fourth picture is "Beautiful Day" by U2