Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gym Find #1 - Family Lifestyle Spa & Wellness Center

Family Lifestyle Spa & Wellness Center
Bristol St. - Brgy. Greater Lagro, Quezon City

Just by cutting back on my food intake and do exercises (walk, jog, video workouts), I was able to lose weight. Down 29lbs, I felt really good, but there's one thing I really need to address: flabby, loose skin - especially on my upper arms, belly, and inner thighs. One time during dinner, I told mom and sis about how a former contestant of The Biggest Loser (Philippines) looked stunning in swimsuit even if her starting weight prior to the show was 360lbs. My sister said it was because they had trainers and gym equipment helping them tone the skin. The word "gym" stuck in my mind and finding one became one of immediate goals.

As far as I know, there are 4 gyms near our place. I told Mr. Pipoy I'd check all four and share it here on my blog before I make a decision. First I visited was Family Lifestyle Spa & Wellness Center along Bristol Street in Lagro.

Photobucket

Getting to the location, I had two options:
> Take a jeepney ride to Ascencion Road in Lagro and take another jeepney going to Bristol Street. It will cost me p16 just to get there, but I can ask the driver to drop me off right in front of the building.
> Take a jeepney ride that will pass by Regalado Avenue; get off at the entrance of Bristol Street. This route will cost me p12, but I needed to walk about 200 meters just to reach the building.

I first heard about this gym through my friend Ria, who had a lot of raves about it because of its many perks. She told me they offer free haircut every month, they had free flowing coffee, and for parents - they had a kiddie pool for kids to be at while parents are working out.

When Ria and I reached the gym and inquired, we found out the first two perks I mentioned aren't available anymore. They do offer discounts for spa services - something I don't think I will use should I become a member.

Photobucket

Like most gyms, they have the basic equipment. I am very much interested with their equipment for the arms, thighs and belly. I asked the staff if they have trainers, and she answered that should one avail for a personal trainer that would mean additional p3000 a month. Good side - even if one won't avail the personal trainer, they have trainers on duty to help members with setting up the machines without extra charge.

Photobucket

The gym accommodates both men and women, and aside from the machines and weights, they also have classes (dance, spinning) everyday - morning and late afternoon, which the members can join for free. These classes are also open to walk-in gym goers at p50 per class.

They ask a one-time, lifetime membership fee of p1500, and their monthly fee is at p1800. The staff told us, should we go in a group of three members, we can just pay the membership fee at p500 each. So... that would mean I need to pay p3300 initially should I go alone, or pay p2300 if I go with two more people. Considering two of the perks were gone, I found this a little too expensive because I can only use the machines and weights and maybe attend the classes if my schedule would allow it.

One thing I liked though... they can freeze your membership. Meaning, if you go on vacation or you wanted to stop going to the gym for a while, they will freeze your membership until you go back to reinstate it.


15 comments:

  1. It seems 1.5k to 2.5k a month is now the normal price range for gym memberships...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to any gym 'coz I am forever thin I think, but I know going to the gym is not really about losing weight. Its also necessary for a healthy lifestyle. Although it seems lucrative for me based on cost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh! I want to go to a gym but I don't think I can pay for the monthly fee. Can't I loose weight by just running and chasing around my kids in the house? Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hay, I miss going to gyms. I only tried Fitness First though.

    Bec of http://mygorgeouspinkcheeks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the commute directions. I'll be visiting it someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have really been thinking about going in a gym regularly; but I cannot fully commit since my work involves travelling and shooting and often times, I'd be too stressed out to really work out. However, I felt that I really do need to find time. I'm definitely following your blog. I need an inspiration and a buddy in losing weight. Not for vanity purposed but to be healthy. I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog through Pinoy Bloggers. Hope to see you around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had my body toned with the help of going to the gym. i didn't really have to lose weight, but my friends told me that since i don't really perspire i have to induce it. and it was a great experience coz it really did tone my muscles and body. i was happier because i was able to lose all the stress in my mind too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do they have trainers and lifetime membership?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is the gym airconditioned?

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow. its a bit near here in my location. but what im looking is a very very very near here in amparo subd,near dela costa.. i cant see any gym.. makes me bore walking/jogging alone in the streets.. can somebody help me find one gym near here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! You can try this gym in between Pangarap and Adeline Homes, or you can try the gym in Lagro, near San Lorenzo Hospital, fronting Iglesia ni Cristo.

      Delete
    2. Yep. Sa FMS ako nagg-gym. Yung sa may Pangarap and Adeline. Sobrang ok dun. Mababait mga tao and talagang im-motivate ka nila. Healthy weight loss din pnpromote dun. Try nyo dun bandang hapon mga 3 para walang gaanong tao saka favorite trainer ko pang-hapon e. Dito lang ako tumagal na gym kasi talagang ipaghahanda ka ng gagawin mo for the day at may program talaga sila para sayo. Cheap pa 45 lang per session. Saka madaming girls dun sa gabi bandang 6-7. hehe.

      Delete
    3. hi miss noodle pde ko bang malaman san located yung gym na fms? im so interested..thanks

      Delete
  11. I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.
    Home for Health

    ReplyDelete
  12. sa Pangarap malapit po ba sa malaria? ano po name nung gym? how much po maki member?

    ReplyDelete

We are grateful to have you here.