Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thank You for the Gifts!

Day 129
07 February 2012

While washing the dishes the night before, a thought came to mind about how to resolve the pedometer issue, and thankfully, the idea turned out be a great solution. Well, I have the privilege to have it replaced within 7 days of purchase, but I think I won't go through that anymore - after all, the pedometer's working. The solution? Secure the battery flap with masking tape. :)

Wild Flower Shadow

Caterpillar

I am completely over the heartache of not traveling later this month. Of course the disappointment will always be in my heart (this will be the second time that I won't be able to light a candle on dad's grave since he died), but taking to heart what Mr. Pipoy said - I shouldn't compromise the things that bring me happiness just because something made me sad.

The biggest reason why I love my cheap-o pedometer was that it had an FM Radio function. It sure was a bit difficult to check which station I am on, but I enjoyed listening to morning radio shows - which was a habit of mine while in college. It felt great to listen to the DJ's commentaries and of course the songs!

Even with high spirits (sort of), it was a difficult walk. Cloudless sky with very cold, dense air blowing. My nostrils were hurting as I breathe in, and at times I felt the cold air in my chest that would made my heart giddy. Still, I pushed through with my walk - two hours total this morning.

Fila Shoes on Sale

Later in the afternoon, my sister and I went to Makati City. We had to attend a Food Event, but since we live way too far from our place, we decided to leave house early - giving me (and her, too) a chance to add more steps into my Walking Graph. From the Ayala MRT Station, we first went to Forever 21 store in SM Makati - sister loves this store (even if she won't buy anything), but I guess I am not really the fashionista type because I couldn't seem to relate. From there we went to Glorietta Mall because sister told me she saw some Fila Shoes on sale. I have been complaining about my current running shoes' state... and I really feel the need to have it replaced.

None of the 999 shoes caught my interest, but sister and I liked the black one on the upper leftmost part of the image. Priced at 1499, I think this one's priced reasonably... after all it was on a sale! The Fila shoe sale will be until 14 February, hoping by then I can get my new pair of shoes. After this, we walked to Landmark Mall to check more shoes... then strolled around Greenbelt Park before going to the event.

#marjonel, jen and jessie. Foodies here in Max's
Jonel, Marjorie, *me*, my sister Jesz
Photo Credit -
Azrael Coladilla

The event is by Max's Restaurant. Since the very first time I attended a Max's Restaurant event in February last year, I have always been invited by them whenever they have some promotions. Over the course of the year, I have developed friendships (though not that deep) with the restaurant's PR people and Marketing Staff, and since we got there early, we were able to share stories. Big topic of the day was bloggy friend's Jonel's relationship with Marjorie, who is actually my second degree cousin (my dad was her mom's cousin). The Filipino blogging circle now has a loveteam. Jonel was one of the very first bloggers I met (2008, Italianni's Blog Event), and I am one of the people happy that they found love.

Anyway, the event is about Max's Restaurant promo in time for Valentine's Day, and the whole event was like a big gathering of friends - it was laugh trip all the way, thanks to the games they prepared.

Dinner at Max's Restaurant

For dinner, they served a lot of dishes, but of course, I didn't overeat... just enough to be satisfied.
  • Daing na Bangus - I cut about a matchbox size meat near the belly.
  • Lechon Kawali - Didn't eat this... I am not allowed to eat pork anymore.
  • Sinigang na Hipon - One shrimp, one slice of radish, a few Kangkong leaves.
  • Fried Chicken - One drumstick part; 2 pieces of the Kamote Fries.
  • Beef Kare-Kare - One tablespoon beef, three eggplant slices, about 2-3 pieces of yard long beans, three Bok Choy leaves, one slice of banana heart.
  • Buco Pandan - 1 teaspoon.
Aside from that, I also tasted three cupcake flavors and their chocolate moist cake.
Oh by saying "tasted," I meant sinking my fork into the cakes and ate whatever amount of cake was on my fork. No second servings, there were 10 of us who shared the cakes anyway.

Brown Bag Diet Supplements

Aside from the gift of walking and the gift of sharing a hearty dinner with bloggy friends (plus the gifts given by Max's Restaurant), my cousin Marjorie also gave me gifts - a bag and some dietary supplements. The bag was a sweet surprise - I was actually checking the shops to find a new bag, and now I don't have to! :)

As for the supplements - C-Lium is something I won't use because it would make constipated, but the Grapeseed Oil softgels I will use. I consulted Mr. Pipoy about this, and he recognized my achievements of losing weight just by cutting back on food and exercising... and he felt I won't need any weight-loss "boosters" anymore. He suggested I give the box of RedoXfat to my sister, and I think I will do just that.

After 2 Hours...

Today is Day 2 of Belle Today's 7x7 Challenge; walking from our house to and around Colinas Verdes for about two hours gave me 8520 on the pedometer... I didn't walk the additional 1/4 of the way like I did yesterday, so I am sure that I was able to hit my target of 7000 steps yesterday (considering I walked longer yesterday). Since I take the jeep from Colinas to near the market place, I had to reset the pedometer as the vehicle shake will surely add more digits to the pedometer. As soon as I got down of the jeep, I switched the pedometer again and walking back home, I was able to get 1362 more steps, giving a total of 9882 steps that morning. I wasn't able to use the pedometer later in the afternoon because I needed to charge the battery (it uses AAA battery), but considering sister and I walked about one hour and a half before going to the event, and that we walked from Greenbelt 1 to north bound side of EDSA Ayala before going home, I am pretty sure I walked more than 20 thousand steps today.

Thank you, Lord for the gift of strength!

Oh... I was also able to do Hip Hop Abs (Cardio) and the 8 Minute Arms... but since I had to attend to some chores and assignments, I didn't do the Hip Hop Abs (Hips, Buns, Thighs) anymore.




2 comments:

  1. May He continue to bless all of your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled for you and your program to lose weight.

    It is always nice to spend time with family and friends.

    Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

    Love & peace,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete

We are grateful to have you here.