Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Rewarding Day

Day 135
13 February 2012

I still wasn't able to walk this morning because of the rain. However, sister and I still went to Makati City to take care of things - mainly shoe shopping and picking up some things at a pastry shop.

Shoe Shopping

Like what I shared a few days ago, I saw a Fila sale at a store in Glorietta Mall, and since the brand is having a sale all over until 14 February, I decided to go and buy a pair of running shoes for myself. I am such a thrifty person, but since Fila's stripping 50% off their shoes, I just couldn't find the reason why I should put it off. Since this is the second to the last day of the sale, the biggest size they had was Size 8, but thankful that the very nice salesman got to find me a pair that just fit perfectly. I love my new pair of shoes, which I will share next time - I have yet to take a picture of it.

I was happy about this shopping because I finally got to use the p1000 worth of Sodexho GCs I received when I attended a press con (it was part of the tokens they sent to the members of the media covering the event). The shoes were at p1500... the p500 I took from my "Credit Account." It's just so sweet that I was able to use the money I saved from doing positive things for myself.

My sister and I were about to go to Greenbelt, and passing by Glorietta, we spotted the Brazilian Madness Sale, which had some footwear on 60% off (click the link to check the pairs we got to buy). Since I used my GCs to buy my running shoes, I have extra p1000 cash, and I was able to buy three pairs of footwear from the sale.

I love being a woman! :)

Bizu Patisserie

It was raining still, but we were able to drop by Bizu Patisserie to get their gift. Last week, I received an e-mail from Bizu Patisserie's PR/Marketing team asking for my home address as they have something to send me. Since I live way too far from any of their branches, they just asked me if I can just drop by and collect the gift. I didn't know what the gift was, but when I talked the store manager and told him about the e-mail I received, they checked the boxes for my name and they gave me two boxes of cakes and one pack of French Macarons. It was a gift I never really expected, but so thankful for - each cake was priced p1000+, and I felt really special receiving it.

Dinner at Pizza Hut

I wasn't able to eat lunch today because I had a deadline to beat, so around 7pm, I was already hungry - considering my sister and I have been walking since we reached Makati City. We sort of used most of our money from the shoe sale, so for dinner, we used the Pizza Hut GC. I had a piece of p500 Pizza Hut GC, and while making our choices, sister said she was way too hungry, and took out another GC from her wallet - making our budget at p1000. We had a plate each of pasta (I had the shrimp pasta, she went for the penne) and shared the Garlic-Parmesan Baked Wings as well as the Regular Supreme pan pizza. I only had one slice of pizza because the pasta was already making me full... and I took a sip off my sister's Caribbean Smoothie (it had kiwi, bananas, and strawberries). Total bill was p976, but since we used the GCs, we couldn't get any change. Hahaha.

It was a blessing that it wasn't raining anymore when we left Pizza Hut. We still had to walk a lot going to the north bound side of EDSA, but it was a great timing that when we reached the bus stop, there was an empty bus waiting for us to take. We got home two hours later. It was a great day... and each things I did reminded me of just how fun and fulfilling blogging is. I thank the Lord for all the blessings for today, especially for coming home safe.

I might not be able to exercise today, but I was glad I walked a lot.



and then, she {snapped} NapTime MomTog

5 comments:

We are grateful to have you here.