Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Thursday and Friday

Day 124
02 February 2012

I wasn't able to go out and walk this morning because it rained. Lately, weather has been unpredictable, but because the rain was a bit heavy, I just stayed at home and used the Elliptical Machine instead.

My workout report today:
  • 10:46 am - Hip Hop Abs (Cardio)
  • 1:33 pm - 8 Minute Arms
  • 4:03 pm - Hip Hop Abs (Ab Sculpt)
Being lazy last month, this week has been quite a shock for me. I do know I have to focus more now, so I am really enduring this week because the next week will be more challenging for me.
While on Facebook this morning, I saw this little update that made me a little annoyed:
America Ferrera

Taking a look at the pictures, it sure is quite evident that America did lose weight... but the first comment irked me a bit. Nothing and nobody is claiming that she is sexy and all that; the one posted this just wanted to somehow provide inspiration that someone actually lost weight - I think that was the main purpose of it all - showing a before and after picture. I know all of us have the right to speak our mind as this is a democratic world - but was it nice to comment like that? At least the woman is doing something to improve herself, right?

Fitnesse Cereal Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa Steamed Tilapia

Anyway, here were the food I ate today:
  • 8:15 am - 30g Fitnesse Whole Wheat Cereal + 125ml Meadow Fresh milk (but I didn't slurp the milk - I just ate the cereal after soaking it in milk for a few minutes)
  • 12:45 pm - 1/2 cup rice; 1/3 cup Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa (Squash and Yard Long Beans cooked in Coconut Milk, seasoned with salt and pepper)
  • 6:40 pm - 1/2 cup rice; 80g steamed Tilapia seasoned with salt and pepper (I ate the fish in the middle of the plate); 3 tablespoons leftover Ginataang Sitaw at Kalabasa
Total Cups of Water: 12
It's nice to go back to eating Fitnesse Cereal again. Next week, I might go one full week eating that for breakfast, but am not sure yet.

Day 125
03 February 2012

Jogging in Bare Feet

It was a bit cloudy, but it wasn't raining, so I don't have any reason not to walk today. I brisked walk from our house to Colinas Verdes (I don't know the distance, but it usually takes me 20-30 minutes to get there). Upon entering the gates, I stopped to stretch for a few minutes (like I always do) then I set myself to brisk walk again. I did bring my water bottle today, so I jogged.

My inspiration today was this jogger - who jogged without any foot wear. This will draw mixed comments, but the way I see it... he didn't have any protection for his feet yet he was jogging! I wanted to keep up with his pace, but he was just too darn strong... I had to stop after about 10 minutes. Hahahaha.

I stayed in Colinas Verdes for 2 hours, and I alternated jogging and walking. I think I did good today, but the cold wind was a bit too tough for my lungs to carry.

Furry Grass Bug

Rewards for today's jogging and walking were these images. The bug I saw while talking a few moments to rest before going home. I was just standing there - taking a few deep breaths and when I looked down, I saw the critter! Oh so cute!

4lb dumbbells

I wasn't able to do any of my scheduled workouts today because sibs and I went out, but I made up for day by walking more. Us sibs went to Ever Commonwealth to eat lunch at Tribu Express (using the GCs brother received). Going out of the house, we walked... and we walked around the mall for about 30 minutes. After lunch, we walked around again for 30 minutes then we went to SM Fairview.

Today was our family's monthly grocery day, but we went to the supermarket early so we can be at our pace and not feel pressured to finish because mom is quite the impatient kind. We use her Senior Citizen card to get discount (65 pesos is still discount), but because we arrived at the mall at 2-ish in the afternoon, we roamed around the mall for a while then went to the supermarket to do grocery shopping. I can't believe I walked for more than 3 hours this afternoon - last 15 minutes of it, I was carrying 8 lbs dumbbells!

Oh yes... I bought a new pair of dumbbells today. I guess it's time for me to graduate from 2lbs and use something heavier. The thought entered my mind when my friend Madz said that she's using 3lbs and she was just starting her journey. I know I have my own journey and that I don't have to copy what others are doing - but I am traveling this road for four months already, I think it's time to up the ante. I thought of buying a pair of 3lb dumbbells, but my sister and Mr. Pipoy suggested I go for 4lbs instead, so okay. :)

While at the sports shop, I saw the same Elliptical Machine we have at home, and trying it out, I realized the one we have at home sure was dysfunctional or something. Ours was so heavy, I think it was set the highest resistance. I told the store manager about the situation and knowing we bought our machine at the same shop and it's just five months old, he gave me the number of their service center so I can have it checked. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Pansit Palabok Chicken Inasal Chicken Heaven

My food today:
  • 8:25 am - 1 cup Pansit Palabok (store bought)
  • 12:44 pm - Chicken Inasal meal (Tribu Express - Ever Gotesco Commonwealth)
  • 6:05 pm - Chicken Heaven meal (Chicken BBQ + Hainan Rice), 1 small bowl soup stock - (Hainanese Delights, SM City Fairview)
Total Cups of Water: 1 Water Bottle + 5 cups at home + 2 glasses at Tribu Express + 1 500ml bottle at SM + 3 glasses of water at Hainanese Delights
Two food trips for the day... but I didn't overeat, so I think it was still good.
I am slowly crossing out my goals I set for myself this week. I am liking this new found spark, I think I will do great this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.