Monday, February 11, 2013

My Weekend

I wasn't able to update my blogs that much last weekend because I just had quite a jampacked schedule. I feel tired today because I concentrated on doing my personal chores, but I think I can squeeze in this post before I sleep.

Friday (08 February)

Nail Polish Haul

I went to TriNoma mall hoping to catch my cousin Marge as they were having last-minute preparations with the wedding coordinators. I wasn't able to get her response before I left the house, so I just went on to shop for nail polishes! :) Well, it's not often that I am in TriNoma, and because I know they sell nail polishes at cheaper prices, might as well grab the chance.

I bought 5 bottles of pastel shade nail polishes from OMG, 2 bottles of Bobbie holo-prism collection, and I am happy to say that I now own all 7 shades in the collection. I am thinking of getting their Foil-It collection next time (since it only has three shades), but I might find the 2 remaining Caronia nail polishes from the Bright Lights collection. I also bought two Bobbie products: the Matte top coat and the Gradation nail polish. I wished to buy Bobbie base coat with nail hardener (I knew I saw one last time), but there was no stock and I didn't want to buy the Caronia one because they only have the super big bottles (30ml).

Thank You, Manang's Chicken

After meeting up with Jessie, we both walked to SM North EDSA and went straight to Manang's Chicken for dinner. I was given a voucher to try their new offerings, and we were both full. It was always a pleasure dining at Manang's Chicken, and I loved the new Garlic Pork rice meal and the Red Velvet Sundae! You can read the full story here.

Brown Wedge Red Wedge

We were supposed to go straight home after dinner because sister still has to wake up real early the next day, but passing by Payless Shoe Source made us want to check the shoes! Well, I was happy to see new pairs, but quite sad that the boots we were eyeing to buy. I tried two pairs of wedge shoes and Jessie told it looked good on me. Well, I like the brown more than the red pair, but no reason for me to buy this for now. Maybe when another relative gets married. :)

Saturday (09 February)

Maicks' Bag

This day was quite full; I changed my manicure in time for the wedding, I helped clean the house, and I practiced the song I was asked to sing during the wedding. For dinner, I met with my high school friend Maicks to get the bag I was borrowing. Our friend Liza was supposed to meet us, too, but she had a massive headache, so it was just Maicks and I. She presented three bags for me to borrow, but I chose to go for this black one because the gold one was too small.

Sunday (10 February)

Jonel and Marjorie's Wedding

It's Marjonel's wedding!

Such a pleasure for Jessie and I to be invited at the event; Jonel has been a blogger pal since 2008, and just nearly two years ago, we found out another blogger is our second degree cousin! Anyway, their super pretty wedding took place at the Oasis Garden along Aurora Boulevard.

A much detailed blog post will be up sometime this week.

Pepper Lunch with Sis Pepper Lunch with Sis

While at the wedding, Jessie received a text message asking her to go to work for a medical X-Ray. We quickly went there, but no mobile X-Ray arrived, so we just strolled around Greenbelt. For dinner, we dined at Pepper Lunch, a first time for us to try. While there, a group of Dragon and Lion dancers arrived and performed around the restaurant, a lion even kissed me from head to foot. Hahahaha. That was quite an experience!

Lion Dance

Exiting the mall, we saw the same group of performers. The staff of Louis Vuitton asked the Lion dancer to enter the store and grab all the red envelopes stuck on the ceiling, and surprise surprise... this was the Lion that kissed me! :D

It was so upsetting that our gadgets' batteries died, not allowing us to take lots of images. Actually, I used my cell phone to capture images from our dinner onwards, but it also died after taking three pictures of the performers. Well, looking at the bright side, we were able to capture important memories.

A new week is unfolding. Now that I am done doing my chores, I can start concentrating on my diet and exercise.



PS - I also saw two celebrities today, the actor I know by the name of "Nigel," which I first saw in the movie "Sisterakas" and Luis Alandy. No pictures taken with them... no battery for such pleasure. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.