Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Past Three Days...

Her: I am just a nobody compared to the many women in your circle.
Him: You're the only one I need to fill my circle.
- Something I heard from a cheesy soap opera

Oh geez... I am loving this new lifestyle and I seem to attract every thing that deals with fitness and healthy eating... that I have so many things I want to share here. Anyway, It's quite late now - this day has been so busy, so let me recap the last three days before I hit the bed and snooze off.

With Oreo Kitty

Day 72
11 December 2011

Pipoy and I planned to meet today, but something came up so it didn't push through. I just stayed at home and continued with the house chores. I started segregating clothes - either to keep or to toss - but most clothes I can't decide whether I should toss it or not, because even if the clothes are big on me, they look so good that I couldn't let it go. My fitness buddy told me it's okay to keep some as tokens, as reminders of my journey... so I just let go of those oh-so-big clothes, but I kept them in spare spaces in the closet. Next year, I will make the decision which ones to keep and which ones to toss.

Labong Dinengdeng

I now allow myself to eat fried food... so today, I ate -
  • 8:45am - 1/2 cup leftover Chicken Pasta in Chunky Tomato Sauce (spaghetti, flaked chicken, minced carrots cooked in chunky tomato sauce), 1 piece sliced White Bread (toasted) + thin spread of Magnolia Lite Margarine, 1 cup Nescafe 3-in-1 Brown n' Creamy coffee
  • 12:02pm - 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup Diced Chicken with Cashews (chicken breast, cashews, snow peas cooked in oyster sauce and slurry), Paksiw na Bangus (1/2 of belly steak cut)
  • 6:36pm - 1/2 cup rice, 60g fried Hasa-Hasa fish (weighed as a whole), 1/2 cup Labong Dinengdeng (bamboo shoots, saluyot and patani cooked in water seasoned with bagoong isda)
  • 9:00pm -1 Yakult
Total Cups of Water: 15
I was able to go to the market today (with brother) and I was so happy to see a vendor selling bamboo shoots! I love eating vegetables and eating bamboo shoots just reminds me of summertime in the province.

Little Christmas Tree

Day 73
12 December 2011

Our house is now Christmas-ready! Our little tree is up and is adorned with golden embellishments... and mom changed the curtains - still keeping up with the gold motif.

Since I am now healed, I went back to my exercises, and today I started doing this workout for the arms. This post is already quite long, so let me share about it next time. I was also able to do my Hip Hop Abs workouts (Cardio and Ab Sculpt), and although my body was shocked to say the least, I am happy to be finally back on track.

Sardines and Labong

Simple food was my theme for today, and I had...
  • 8:15am - 2 pieces sliced White Bread (toasted) + thin spread of Malunggay Spread
  • 11:40am - 1/2 cup rice, Paksiw na Bangus (1 piece steak cut), 1 cup Nescafe Brown n' Creamy 3-in-1 coffee
  • 6:42pm - 1/2 cup rice, barely half a cup of leftover Labong Dinengeng, 2 pieces Spanish Sardines
Total Cups of Water: 17

It was just mom and I for dinner today because sister was at work and brother attended an event. Since it was just mom and I, it was time to eat leftovers... I gave her the remaining piece of Paksiw na Bangus (since I ate a piece for lunch), and I just opened a can of Spanish Sardines to go with the veggies. I thought I won't be able to eat veggies today... seeing that leftover Dinengdeng made me a happy foodie.

Lonely Bird

Day 74
13 December 2011

I planned to walk this morning, but I needed to wash the used curtains so it will dry while there's still sunlight. If you have been in our house or you've seen pictures of our living room, you'll know how heavy our curtains are - not only do I need to wash the main curtain, I still have to wash it's "skirt," that piece (err... big piece I mean) of cloth on top of the main curtain. It took me the whole morning washing it all... and not only was it difficult to wring (after I take it out of the soapy tub and rinse it using my hands), I also had a difficult time laying the curtains out in the open area to dry.

Still, I was able to do my exercises, and I also was able to do the video workout for the legs / thighs... and I was able to walk to the market.

Ginisang Tokwa at Pechay

My food -
  • 8:01am - 2 pieces sliced White Bread (toasted) + thin spread of Dari Creme
  • 12:02pm - 1/2 cup rice, 5 pieces Fish Lumpia, 1 piece Spanish Sardines
  • 5:26pm - 1 cone soft ice cream (ube flavor)
  • 6:48pm - 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup Ginisang Tokwa at Pechay
Total Cups of Water: 15
I don't have enough money to buy ingredients for dinner (because I paid the newspaper man and the water delivery man), but I asked brother if he has 20 pesos to give me so I can buy myself a decent dinner, because mom was already okay with the longganisa. I don't eat pork now and I don't want to open another can of sardines, so he gave me money to buy the tokwa and pechay... and he also treated me to a cone of soft ice cream. Walking home from the market, I crossed paths with a high school classmate and after exchanging smiles and waves, he told me, "Mag-diet ka na!" Hahahaha! If he only knew. Of course, I didn't feel bad - he just saw me that day and I still am much bigger than how I used to look back in high school, so he just commented based on what he saw - me eating a food considered to be a cause of weight gain. Lesson learned? Don't eat ice cream in the public. Hahahaha.

Me eating the ice cream was something planned, by the way, and I know I am supposed to eat "sitting down," but there were no chairs to sit on at the store so I ate it while walking. Don't worry, this won't happen again in a loooooong time, I promise you.

Anyway, I was thankful to brother for buying me fish lumpia for lunch. He went to the bank and when I told him to buy something for lunch because fridge is now empty, not only did he buy something for himself (a pork dish... yikes), he also bought fish lumpia for me because he now accepts and respects that I don't eat pork anymore.

Well... my brother's making up to the big mess he left me the day before (way too many dishes - pots and pans included - to wash), and even if I wasn't hoping for him to make up for it (he did apologize), I was thankful to the small gestures.



ps - Will post Day 4 of the Beck Diet Solution tomorrow. Miss Slenderella is now off to bed! Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.