Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Day I Had an Accident

Spell "committed," I'm it.
- Mr. Pipoy

Day 87
26 December 2011


Since Christmas is now over, it's time for me to go out and walk. Lately, the sun rises quite late, so instead of going out at 6am, I tend to go out at 6:30am, just so it's not dark outside. Along our street, I saw some cute puppies, which are so cute and friendly; when I came near them, they quickly came to me, but taking pictures of them was so difficult because they were so playful!

Tree and Sky

I have been walking to and around Colinas Verdes for quite sometime now, so the trail seemed to be easy for me to handle already. Today I decided to add a few more meters to my trail... instead of making a U-Turn near the Clubhouse, I walked past the Clubhouse and turned around after a few meters. This picture above was taken on my way back to the main gate, the building with the red-orange roof is the back part of the clubhouse.

I walked for one and a half hours around Colinas Verdes, and the only stops I had were the very few times I took pictures of things that caught my interest. The day seemed alright, until I met a minor accident.

I normally take the jeepney from Colinas Verdes to the market place. When I asked the driver to stop, he pulled over near the sidewalk (so the traffic would run smoothly and the passengers getting off would be safe). As soon as I made my first step going to the sidewalk, a motorcycle hit me. It was running slowly - maybe it was still getting momentum because it was on the sidewalk - but because it was running and the vehicle was a bit heavy, my leg (I had my right leg forward) wasn't sturdy enough to keep my balance. As the driver and I tried to minimize the harm, I twisted my ankle before I fell on the ground softly, and her motorcycle hit another motorcycle parked on the sidewalk. I instantly felt guilty and scared because the driver was with her daughter (around 7 or 8 years old) and she nearly got sandwiched between her mom's motorcycle and the parked one. Fortunately, the child was unharmed, but I instantly felt pain on my right leg, and because the parked motorcycle fell, it caused people around to gather and watch how things were going.

The driver of the parked motorcycle quickly came and angrily scolded the lady driver. She was quick to say sorry, but the man was so proud and so angry that he started berating the woman. His motorcycle was unharmed (the way I saw it) - side mirrors were intact and I didn't see any scratches. The woman was so scared and disoriented that she didn't even say sorry to me, but she did ask if I was okay. I told her I am fine, just in pain.

The man, still angry, started asking for the woman's license. She said she doesn't have any and that the motorcycle belongs to his husband. The man got more angry and the way I sensed it, he either wanted the woman to settle it financially or he would press charges.

In my own perspective, I was okay. In pain, but okay. If I was in the woman's shoes, I'd be very scared as well, and seeing her daughter crying and worried, I felt pity. I sure didn't want to be in the position she was in, so I went to the woman, told her I am good and she should just face the man's emotions because it can get ugly. She didn't say thank you, but I saw in her eyes the look of relief and sadness. As I limply walked away, the man shouted at me and asked where was I going. I shouted back I am good - that I have forgiven the woman, so they just let me walk away. I am not a martyr, I just don't like confrontations, and I didn't want any more troubles (for her) so I just let it go. I could still walk - I am fine, that was all that mattered.

If there was a regret... I'd say I wasn't able to take a picture of it.

Swollen Ankle

I still was able to walk from the market place to our house (funny, I didn't even take the tricycle - maybe walking was already a habit), but near noon time, my right ankle started to swell a bit and it was quite difficult to get up and make the first few steps. Mid-afternoon, I already had difficulty sitting down (especially using the toilet). I started to fear if my ankle was broken or something, but if you know me, you'd know I don't seek medical attention right away, if I still can endure it. I told myself I will let this day pass; if I get fever, if the swelling gets worse, I'd go to the hospital.

Despite what happened, I was thankful and happy. It was a minor accident and everything could have gone worse, but it didn't. Somehow, the accident wasn't so surprising - I dreamt about my late father the night before and in my dream, my dad was saying something about a "flight," and in my dreams, I saw myself accidentally hitting my head on the sides of the bed and as soon as I hit my head on the floor, there was a pool of blood - kinda like the day my dad had a heart attack which caused his death. I am not sure if the dream was a bad omen, but ever since my dad died, I have had a few dreams signifying he was trying to get me, but in all instances, I wouldn't allow him to take me. Being alive, writing this story makes me happy.

Of course, Mr. Pipoy was concerned about me. He sounded upset about something, but despite that he was still the ever supporting fitness buddy who not only gave me pointers what to do, he also showered me with care, love and compassion. Before he went to work that night, he told me to apply some liniment and wrap it with a bandage, but because we didn't have any bandages, I just used a long cloth to wrap it.

My family was much concerned, too, but them seeing I was okay somehow relieved them. In many ways than one, I am a superwoman. :)

Oh... Mr. Pipoy and I had a minor argument (my fault, I was back to my jealous, insecure self when I told him words I shouldn't tell), but even if I hurt him and he was so disappointed, he still muttered the words "I love you so much" and he spoke about being serious and being committed. We quickly ironed out that argument and in the afternoon we got to talk about something and he mentioned about "you're my boss." Never have I encountered a man who values and loves me the way he does. God really loves me for giving him to me. Mr. Pipoy erased all my past heartaches and yes, he made whole again. I could never thank him enough... and I will love him for as long as I am alive.



What I ate today -
  • 9:36am - 2 teaspoons Ube Halaya
  • 12:34pm - 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup leftover Vegetable Kare-Kare
  • 7:19pm - 1 cup Pansit Bihon, a slice of cake
  • 8:01pm - 1 Yakult
Total Cups of Water: 14
I am not the type of person who loses appetite over something (before, I could have a serious flu and still eat like a truck driver), but today I just didn't have the appetite to eat much.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are okay- sounds like it was pretty traumatic.


We are grateful to have you here.