Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sunday and Monday Recap

This is the fight. This is the fight.
It's gonna stop, and we're gonna help you, but until it does, this is your fight.
It's not us who's driving anymore, you are. You're in the driver's seat.
Life gets in your head, you fight. Got it? Good... good.
This pain? It's a victory pain. You won.
- Dr. Derek Shepherd, "Grey's Anatomy"

Day 65

Waterfall?

It was a rainy day. Quite weird to experience rains during December, but we all could just shrug our shoulders and carry on. Obviously, I wasn't able to walk to Colinas Verdes, but I tried to do my Hip Hop Abs Cardio. Unfortunately, my tummy was aching so bad I decided to just enjoy the day.

Late in the afternoon, sister and I went to Tungko to buy dinner. Rain was still pouring, but it was bearable. The picture above? That's not waterfalls, but rain water gushing along the street.

Fish Lumpia and Kangkong

Food for today -
  • 7:36am - 1/2 cup rice, 10g sardines with tomato sauce, 1 cup Nescafe Brown n' Creamy coffee
  • 12:03pm - 1/2 cup rice, Pork Sinigang (70g pork, kangkong, sigarilyas and taro cooked in sour broth)
  • 6:40pm - 1/2 cup rice, 1/3 cup Ginisang Kangkong, 5 pieces Fish Lumpia
Total Cups of Water: 15

Confessing to Pipoy that I ate pork resulted in a not-so-good conversation. He had his own point of view, I had my own. My intentions for eating pork were good (in my opinion) as I didn't want for the family to have more leftovers (the Sinigang was cooked from the previous night), but of course Pipoy was firm about his intentions for me not to eat pork anymore. Times like this one hurts me because my buddy is so precious to me and for us to be having arguments just put stress on us. We did resolve it - he never left me, and I did promise him that I will not eat pork again.


Day 66

Steamed Tilapia and Dinengdeng

Today, I had...
  • 7:40am - 20g White Bread + thin spread of Malunggay Spread, 1 cup Nescafe Brown n' Creamy coffee with a dash of Cinnamon
  • 12:36pm - 1/2 cup rice + 2 tablespoons Century corned tuna (inasal flavor - oil squeezed out before eating)
  • 6:53pm - 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup Papaya-Malunggay Dinengdeng, 1 Steamed Tilapia (150g - weighed as a whole, seasoned with salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning)
Total Cups of Water: 17
Today is the start of my no-fried food week, so for tonight's dinner, I opted to steam my fish rather than fry it. Well, it was a new change, but adding herbs (Italian Seasoning) made it yummier!
Foggy Morning

There were still drizzles that morning, and my mom asked me to stay at home because the rain might fall while I was walking and I might get sick if I didn't find a roof to cover my head. That morning, it was just so interesting to see fog - it was the first time I saw our place as foggy as that.

I was able to do my two Hip Hop Abs workouts, but it wasn't easy. This tummy ache doesn't seem to want to go away! I am getting angry at this discomfort, but as always, I know that "this, too, shall pass."

I had a wonderful time watching the seventh season of Grey's Anatomy today. I was able to watch 4 episodes and I loved it all! It was so great to see the doctors of Seattle Grace - Mercy West Hospital again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.