Saturday, December 3, 2011

Combining Walking with Jogging

Losing weight is like climbing a staircase -
Each step may seem like nothing,
but they all eventually add up for you to get to the top.

Day 63

Walk
Purple Flowers Snail

Yesterday, I just walked and jogged until I reach the model houses because jogging made me sweat more than walking and my shirt and towel was way too wet already. Recognizing the lessons from that day, I came prepared today.

I was thankful that I was able to combine walking and jogging until I reach the clubhouse (the building at the first picture is the clubhouse - after I took that picture, I jogged 'til I reach the place). Although I wasn't able to sustain 30 minutes of pure jogging (heck, I wasn't even able to go full 10minutes of jogging), but combining two together surely made me proud of myself. I remember the very first few days of walking here - I couldn't even walk until the clubhouse, now I can jog and brisk walk when I felt tired. Of course, being 207lbs., I still am heavy and I tend to get tired rather easily, but one big advantage of reading thinspo blogs (pro-ana blogs) is that pain can be one's friend, and although I am not 100% pro-ana (balance is still my key word), some of the things they believe in is something I learn a lot from.

I brought my jacket to cover my sweaty shirt (because I do take the jeep from Colinas Verdes back to the marketplace just outside our neighborhood), but I didn't imagine I'd sweat this much - my jogging pants were wet as well! I just used my jacket to cover the back part of my thighs because it looked as if I peed on it. Hahahaha.

Yellow Moth

From the market place, I would always just walk 'til I reach our house and along our street, I saw this moth. I am not sure if it's already dead or still alive (I didn't bother touching it), but seeing God's work of art in the strangest places truly overwhelm me - how great it is to be alive today!

I was able to do my Hip Hop Abs workouts today (Cardio and Ab Sculpt), but it wasn't easy. 10 minutes left to the Cardio routine, I had to stop because my tummy was aching. I still finished it after sometime, but the tummy ache was quite annoying. The cause of it? Oatmeal.

Baby Tawilis and Sayote Tops

What I ate today:
  • 8:38am - Oatmeal (4 heaping tablespoons of rolled oats cooked in water) + 1 sachet Bear Brand Busog Lusog Cereal Drink
  • 11:53am - 1/2 cup rice, Paksiw na Bangus (60g belly part cooked in vinegar, salt and spices)
  • 6:57pm - 1/2 cup rice, 50g fried Baby Tawilis (breaded in flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper), 1/4 cup Sayote Tops cooked in garlic and oyster sauce, 1 slice ripe papaya
Total Cups of Water: 17
It was such a blessing to see Sayote Tops at the market today. I said yesterday that I miss eating leafy vegetables, and the heavens rewarded me with this! I only get to eat Sayote Tops whenever I travel to Baguio (not always though), and eating it again made me really happy. It was a simple dish - I just sauteed garlic in olive oil, added a little oyster sauce and water and cooked the leaves and young stalks. The one on my plate actually cost me p20 - a wallet suicide - but it was so worth it.

Okay.. the oatmeal issue. I recognize that it's healthy and all... but my body just can't handle oatmeal the way other people can. Even before, I would complain of having heartburn whenever I eat it, and today, my tummy was just so painful I decided to let go of oatmeal. Not completely, of course... I guess I will just have it twice a week, because I don't want to get sick the way I did a few months ago - tummy was aching so bad I couldn't do much the entire week. December is a hump I want to overcome and I want to be victorious by the end of the month, I can't afford to get sick.

Well, we do have different genetic make-ups... one man's wonder food is another man's poison - it was just unfortunate that this wonder food is something I can't tolerate much.

Pipoy called me before he went to work and after telling him that I plan to jog the next day, he just told me tolerate pain as much as I can and don't give up at first sign of pain and/or struggle. I do agree with what he says, and since my tolerance in pain is much higher, I really have to psych myself when it comes to jogging. Sure I can tolerate needles (whenever my brother or aunt would check my FBS, or whenever I go to the clinic for some blood tests - I'd even watch as the needle enters my body), I can hike long distances and I can climb stairs. The problem is that, while my tolerance is high, I do complain and rest the minute I feel the pain. Like when I trekked to the crater of Mt. Pinatubo - I was able to survive it, but it took me 4 hours to trek 10 kilometers; my sister finished it half of my time. I can endure, I can sustain, I can tolerate the struggle, I just don't believe in myself much that I can go for more without the need for too much rest.

It's one of my life goals to join a marathon. In order for me to achieve that, I need to teach myself to push harder and go longer distances without resting that much. Jogging is my first step. I need to learn how to do this before I could hope to join any marathon.

I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.