Thursday, October 20, 2011

Exercise and Food Log 101911

With Monday and Tuesday as days when I exercised quite a lot, I set Wednesday as my "Rest Day," but I just couldn't let the day pass without doing some movements, so today, I...
  • 9:15am - Hip Hop Abs (Cardio) - 30 minutes
  • 10:10am - Walk from home to and around the market then back home - 20 minutes
  • 4:06pm - Zumba Dance Workout (Waka Waka by Shakira, 3 times)

I told myself I'd still do the Cardio workout of Hip Hop Abs, after all, I heard at the Pinoy_Blogfest 2.0 that we need at least 30 minutes of continuous movements as our exercise. I guess doing the Hip Hop Abs routines all day (well not all day, what I meant was I do one routine early morning, one late in the morning, and one mid-afternoon) made my body crave for it, but since half of my mind was thinking this is my rest day, I decided to just check the Zumba Dance Workout via YouTube.


There were a lot of Zumba Dance Workouts available on YouTube, but the very first one I got to see (back in August) was this one, so I decided to start with it. Doing the dance workout felt like I am back in Elementary and High School - doing practices for the school's Field Demo. Actually, my sister was laughing at me because I was wearing my oh-so-comfy PJs (the pants) yet I was wearing my running shoes, too. I looked awful to say the least, but I really had fun laughing with her as we recalled past memories from high school days.

Anyway, since I already tried this routine before, it wasn't difficult for me to get familiarized with the sequences, so after one "refresher" round, the second two rounds was something easy for me.

The song ran for a little over 3 minutes, but I only did three rounds as my legs were already straining. Will dance to it again come Saturday and Sunday.

Kalabasa and Patola with Misua

Foodie update:
  • 7:49am - 1 cup Bear Brand Lusog-Busog cereal drink (chocolate)
  • 11:50am - 2 cups Kalabasa and Patola with Misua (cooked with ground pork and 1 small square tokwa - diced and fried), 1 banana
  • 2:40pm - 1 pack Otap (1 pack = 2 pieces)
  • 6:00pm - 1 piece sliced bread + 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise
  • 7:12pm - 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup Kalabasa and Patola with Misua, 1 banana
  • 11:02pm - 1 cup Athena Milk
Total Cups of Water: 18

The past two days, I wasn't able to eat that much vegetables, so since I had more time to go to the market, I decided to buy vegetables for lunch. My mom eats whatever dish we prepare for our meals, but she personally would try to stay away from Kalabasa and Patola (but she eats it, if there are no other dishes to eat), so it was what I bought today, since my sister loves this vegetable dish. I got to cook a lot for lunch (the dish yielded 5 cups), we decided not to eat rice and just eat the veggies instead.

For dinner, brother took time in cooking his dish (he cooked Beef Caldereta), and since it was already past 7pm (I personally prefer to eat my dinner before 7:30pm so I'd have enough time to digest it before I sleep), I didn't wait for his dish to cook, and just reheated the leftover veggies from lunch. 1 cup seemed too little for me, so I went to add more 1/2 cup of rice. Buuurp!

I also mentioned about the Bear Brand "Busog Lusog" cereal drink. Our family actually consumes Energen. When I took on this journey last year, my ex boyfriend told me about this, and I started mixing it with my oatmeal just so it would have some taste. My mom and my sister loved it, too, but I guess Energen has already made an impact to the market, that made other brands sprouts. Thinking of making a comparison, I would try to buy and taste other brands, and a few months ago (July to be exact), I wanted to take part of the 30-Day Oatmeal Challenge with Peachkins (of the Peach Kitchen), so when we did the grocery shopping, I put on some of the Bear Brand Busog Lusog cereal drink (in chocolate). Funny, it's now October, but it was just now that I tried and tasted it. It had lesser calories than Energen, but since the Nutrition Facts of Bear Brand was shorter than Energen's, am not sure which among the two was more nutritious. Taste-wise, I found Bear Brand a bit sweeter for my preference, so I don't think I'd consume the 11 more sachets we have here. Well, sister still has a lot of Energen on stock, so I will just go for that next time. :)

I guess I really am forming a habit. I still have to train myself to get up right after the alarm goes off (I sometimes try to doze off for a few more minutes before I get up), but I will get there. For now, I am thankful that I am already moving more. I have found the happiness in doing all of these, and if I keep at it, I will surely reach my goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.