Friday, October 14, 2011

Exercise and Food Log 101211 - 101311

12 October 2011

Paksiw na Bangus

Food Log:
  • 8:15am - 2 pieces sliced bread (Gardenia) + 1 teaspoon mayonnaise + 1 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese
  • 12:30pm - 1 cup rice, Adobong Kangkong (1/2 bunch leaves and stalks, 70 grams ground pork, sauteed onions and garlic cooked in 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon vinegar, cracked pepper), 2 teaspoons Magnolia pop-a-cup (Raspberry Swirl) ice cream
  • 5:30pm - 10 pieces fishballs with sweet-chili sauce
  • 6:30pm - 1 cup rice, 110 grams bangus (head) paksiw, slices of eggplants and ampalaya
Total Cups of Water: 15
Exercise Log:
Today I was feeling low. Nope, that's not another lame excuse... my ego was hurt today, and after a long time, I cried. I know I am a person with a sturdy wall, but the one time I took out a few bricks, it all crumbled, each brick falling on my head. I felt my emotions were toyed, and it wasn't a good feeling.

I let myself wallow a bit, after all, I am human and I am entitled to recognize my feelings - good and bad. I let the tears fell down and I allowed myself to drown in my misery. But then again, I may not have the enthusiasm to work out, I did hop on the elliptical machine. Though I only stayed for 2 minutes, I think I was able to do about 5 sets. I also used the dumbbells today, though only for a good 20 reps each.


13 October 2011

My food log would be long today, so let me start with the Exercise Log. I am happy to say that I was able to do two Hip Hop Abs routines today - the Cardio and the Ab Sculpt workouts. It felt good doing it again, and I did love seeing my shirt soaking wet. I actually had a few hours to spare as I was supposed to have lunch with a friend, but it was cancelled the last minute, so I decided to just do the routines, after all, I will be eating "a lot" for dinner today.

Of course, I didn't forget the Elliptical Machine, though I wasn't able to pick up my dumbbells because I was already tired.

Food Log
  • 9:49am - 2 pieces sliced loaf bread (Gardenia) toasted + 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise + 1 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese
  • 12:01pm - 2 cups spaghetti pesto (sister used McCormick pesto mix) + a sprinkle of grated cheese, 1 tablespoon Magnolia Ice Cream (french vanilla mud pie)
  • 7:00 - 9:00pm - Appetite Magazine Restaurant Festival 2011

It would be difficult to measure the food that I ate, so let me present it in pictures:

Plate of Food 1

My plan was to use one plate for each restaurants sampling their foods for today, so I can photograph the plates of food for my food blog, Tara, Let's Eat! Since the stacks of plates were located next to C2, I decided to start there.
* Ensaladang Prutas at Lato - I added a little vinaigrette to it, and I was able to eat it all, after all, it's veggies and fruit.
* Seared Tilapia with Coconut Emulsion - I was able to eat it all, too.
* Pork Humba - I ate the pechay (bok choy) leaf that came with it, but I only gave the pork a bite as I found the sauce a bit sweet for my liking. Also, am training myself to take out the fat, so I only bit the meat part.
* Durian Brulee - I don't like durian, so when I scraped my upper teeth to give an initial taste and found that it was durian, I didn't continue anymore.

Plate of Food 2

I felt what I ate for the first round was starting to make me feel full. There were 13 restaurants sampling their food, and my idea of going a plate per restaurant seemed outrageous. From there, I decided I will just choose what I like - even if that meant sampling one dish per restaurant.
* Lemon Chicken Fillet (Lemongrass) - I ate all the strip of chicken.
* Thai Tago with Water Chestnut (Lemongrass) - I only got to eat 1/4 of it.
* Grilled Pork (Pho Hoa) - I ate all the pork strips.
* Fried Spring Roll (Pho Hoa) - Ate it all as well.
* Fresh Spring Roll (Phoa Hoa) - It had veggies inside, so I ate it.
* Hunan Cumin Ribs (Crustasia) - It was very spicy, so I think I only got to eat the breading. When I tasted it was too spicy, I didn't eat it anymore. I do love spicy food, but I was trying to say no to the iced tea and I planned not to drink anything (they didn't have water), so I was afraid the spice might make my throat itchy.
* Steamed Fish Fillet (Crustasia) - It was spicy, but I loved it, so I ate it all.
* Javanese Sampler (Crustasia) - There were four kinds of sampler, but I was given this square one. It tasted good, yes, but I only gave it a bite because the wrapper was too oily.

Plate of Food 3

By the third round, plates were starting to get scarce, and since my friend Nathalie and I got the last two plates and that we were both starting to feel full (she is also traveling the same path as I am - the path to wellness), we decided to do what we did the second round and this time, I decided to stop by all the remaining restaurants.
* Tom Yum Spaghetti (Secret Recipe) - I asked the server to put just a little of the spaghetti on my plate. I only made one scoop using my fork... all the remaining spaghetti after that I didn't eat anymore.
* Moussaka (Cyma) - I ate it all, not because it was delicious, but because I was trying to feel the food. I couldn't say at once if I liked it or not, so I ate and ate. Well, it wasn't that much anyway.
* Yiaourti Me Meli (Cyma) - It was way too tangy for me, so I gave it just one taste.
* Fish Cake (Sing Haianese Chicken) - The fish cake was about the size of a thumb, so of course I ate it in one bite.
* Vegetable with Oyster Sauce (Sing Haianese Chicken) - I welcome vegetables, but I only took a little amount, just good for one taste.
* Haianese Chicken (Sing Haianese Chicken) - I asked for a strip of chicken (without skin), which I ate... but I didn't ask for any of the sauces anymore.
* Four Cheese Pizza (Green Tomato) - I asked for a very small (bite size) piece of the pizza, good for one bite.
* Unknown Pasta (Pages Deli) - When I took pictures of the food, the pasta dishes from Pages Deli were still not available, and since I didn't take my camera while lining up for food, I wasn't able to get the name of the dish.
* Smoked BBQ Chicken (Claw Daddy) - I only gave it a taste as I didn't like the BBQ flavor.

After this, there were still a few instances that I tasted my siblings' food, who were at the event as well.

Total Cups of Water - 12
I also drank half a glass of iced tea at the event.

Sure, I did get to eat a lot for dinner today. However, I wasn't feeling all that guilty because it allowed me to sample food that I still haven't tasted yet. I will just up my exercises.

Oh... one wonderful thing I heard today - when Nathalie came to meet me at the event she told me I did lose weight. Ahhh, music to the ears! :) Thanks, sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.