Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Exercise and Food Log 101011

Usually, the first day is the day when people have their spirits up and ready to take on any challenge that would come their way. Me? I failed on my first day.

First up, I didn't have enough sleep. When sister and I got home from the event at Glorietta, it was already 10PM. It felt early to me and I went on to update a blog, until I realized it was already 1AM. I woke up 7:30AM with a massive headache. Anyway, I also did a lot of house chores today, biggest being doing the laundry, because I wasn't able to do it last weekend - it rained last Saturday and I went out last Sunday. Well, we do use the washing machine, yes, but only to wash the clothes with soapy water and to spin dry the clothes. Rinsing the clothes three times, we use our own hands, so it really took a lot of time. I finished with the laundry chore near lunch time and I still had to clean the house after that.

My Lunch 101011

As for the foods I ate...
  • 7:50am - 30 grams Fitnesse cereal + 1/2 cup low-fat milk (I used Milk Magic)
  • 11:12am - 3/4 rice, 1/3 cup corned beef with diced potatoes, button mushrooms, grated carrots seasoned with a dash of McCormick adobo twist (spicy)
  • 3:44pm - 12 pieces adobo peanuts (something sister shared with me)
  • 4:12pm - 2 slices loaf bread (Gardenia) toasted + 1 teaspoon mayonnaise + 1 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese
  • 6:45pm - 1 cup rice, 1/2 cup Gising-Gising (sitaw with coconut milk and ground pork, seasoned with a dash of McCormick adobo twist), 50 grams fried fresh dilis (dusted with cornstarch, salt and pepper), 10 grams fresh pineapple

Total cups of water: 15 (about 3 liters)

Dinner time is always heavy for the family because this is the time when we are all complete. Eating any spicy ginataan as viand always call for more rice (for me), so I decided to go for the full cup as even if I had snacks, I still feel hungry because of the house chores I made. My lunch wasn't that much, so come late in the afternoon I was craving for food, but sister giving me a little of her adobo peanuts just woke up my growling intestines. I gave in to the cravings and fixed myself a cheese sandwich, but I still took "eating in moderation" in consideration.

As for today's exercise...
  • Hips, Buns, Thighs - 20 reps each set
  • Elliptical Machine - 3 1/2 minutes
  • House Chores - laundry, house cleaning
  • Walking - from house to the marketplace and back

Yes, that's about it. I wasn't able to do any of the Hip Hop Abs routines because today we had the rice delivered and the sacks of rice were sitting on our living room floor, leaving me with a very small space - not enough to do the routine. Also, I had a minor injury today... when I disembarked from the Elliptical Machine, I didn't notice the edge of my study desk and because using the Elliptical Machine often times contract my upper leg muscles, and it was unfortunate that I had a long, slightly deep scratch near my hip. It was really painful.

Anyway, I guess I could consider house chores as an exercise - afterall, I was moving my body and sweaty after. I was actually feeling a little guilty that my first day didn't do well, so later in the afternoon, I went to the market - not just to buy food, but to walk as well.

No crying over spilled milk, this might not be a good day, but I guess it wasn't so bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.