Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Exercise and Food Log 101811

I wasn't able to wake up early today, and knowing I only had the entire morning to move, I thought I won't be able to do the things I wanted to do, but thankful that even with the limited time, I got to fulfill almost all of the goals I have set for myself today.
  • 7:16am - dumbbells (6 sets, 30 reps each)
  • 9:08am - Hip Hop Abs (Cardio) - 30 minutes
  • 9:50am - short walk/jog (just two blocks - I went with my sister to have her cell phone loaded with credits)
  • 10:24am - Hip Hop Abs (Ab Sculpt) - 19 minutes
  • 11:06am - Elliptical Machine (2 minutes)
  • 1:33pm - Hip Hop Abs (Hips, Buns, Thighs) - 16 minutes

Around 3pm, brother and I went to SM City North Edsa to attend the Canon Pixma Event. Thanks to the wonderful people of Nuffnang Philippines, we got to take part of it and be with other bloggy friends. Before going there, though, we stopped by SM City Fairview to get his Advantage Card, so the time we left the house 'til we reached the location of the event, I got to walk a lot. Well, traveling time from SM in Fairview to SM in North Edsa took a good hour, so I considered it as a good way to rest. At the event, I got to roam around, but of course during the event all of us were seated. Going home, it was another round of long walks for us - walking from SM City Annex to the jeepney terminal where we took our ride home.

Another tiring day for me, but very fulfilling, of course.

Early Dinner

My food log for today:
  • 7:10am - 2 pieces sliced bread (toasted) + scrambled egg and 1 teaspoon sandwich spread
  • 11:35am - 1 cup rice, 100 grams Slow-Cooked Korean Ribs (beef short ribs cooked in water, soy sauce, mirin; seasoned with sugar, salt, pepper, and sesame oil), 1/2 banana
  • 4:30pm - Food at the Canon Event: 2 pieces each of Mozzarella Sticks, Chicken Fingers, and Crispy Squid Tentacles (with dipping sauce), 1 Roast Beef Panini (sans the bread), 1 glass Iced Tea
  • 8:31pm - 1 cup Athena Milk (20 grams milk powder mixed in 250ml warm water)
Total Cups of Water: 16

Brother and I arrived around 4:15pm at the Canon Event, and by 4:30pm, we were asked to line up for food. It was served buffet-style, meaning we could get what we wanted, but I wasn't really hungry yet (after all it's just 4:30pm), so I only took this much food. There was a pasta dish served as well, but I decided not to get some anymore. I think what I had on my plate was already enough. I also didn't eat the bread of the sandwich anymore, because am not sure how many calories are there on my food, so taking it out gave me this little sense of security. Hahahaha.

Going back to the Canon Pixma event, when the host called my name as the winner of an ODM Watch, she told me I should claim my prize right away (or else she would claim it for me - she was just kidding). When I stood up to go to the registration booth, one newspaper journalist (name I wasn't able to get, I didn't see his name tag) shook my hand and told me I should join the Biggest Loser. If I got to hear that remark before (maybe before I embarked on this journey last August), I might took it negatively and think that it was an insult - a subtle way of saying "You're fat!" or something like that. This journey not only allowed me to lose weight and let go of some food, but it also allowed me to let go of certain insecurities and bitterness. In short, this journey is not just about losing weight, it's also about making myself better - emotionally and psychologically. When the journalist told me that remark, I gave him a very sweet (and wide) smile because I appreciated his remark. I appreciated his concern and his care. I processed his remark not as an insult, but his way of saying, "I want you to be better." Well, I still don't want to be in a Reality TV show, but if there will be a Biggest Loser Camp (a place where overweight people can be at fora period of time to help each other lose weight, kinda like what students do in America every summer), I would gladly join it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.