Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sweet, Sweeter, Sweetest

Write in your heart that
everyday is the best day of the year.
- Emerson

Day 121
30 January 2012

Monday is usually the most hated day of the week, but I sure never had the Monday Blues! :)

Tree Tree

I woke up early today - 5:30am, but after my morning ritual (prayer, bathroom, 2 glasses of water), I found myself back in my bed. I was just supposed to lie and wait for the sky to light up a bit, but I was surprised that when I opened my eyes it was already 6:30am! I didn't want to waste this day, so I quickly got up and prepared myself for my morning walk. I woke up sis, but she wasn't in the mood to go out, so for today I was alone, but not really - as I was talking to Mr. Pipoy while I walk.

It was a sweet start of the day - despite being late, I still was able to walk for about 1 hour and 45 minutes.


After eating breakfast, it was time for me to check the Internet and when I checked for blog comments, this one surprised me. Of all the friends I have / had, Roselle is the one I miss the most - she is my closest high school friend and we parted ways on a sour note. Last time we spoke was late 1996, and thankful to a very old blog post I wrote on my Multiply site, Roselle's sister-in-law got to read it and (maybe) told her about it (the SIL commented on my site many months back). She didn't leave her contact number, but she did include her e-mail address on her comment, so somehow the bridge just got reconnected. I sure hope she and I can meet soon; I surely miss her a lot!

Now, that's sweeter!

Sweetest part of the day?

About noon time, I received an Ali Edwards newsletter (she's one of my favorite people - I love how she inspires people to become life artists). I forgot to take a screen cap of it and I forgot which folder I placed the newsletter (I usually clean my inbox right after sorting mails out), but while the whole newsletter deserved a post on its own, it was the parting words that got me really interested:

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage.
Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery.
And I promise you, something great will come of it."

Mr. Pipoy and I didn't plan to meet today. Based on our phone conversations, we sort of plan to meet later in the week, so when it was time for him to sleep (around noon time, to prepare him for work later in the evening), I just set up to do what I was supposed to do - work and workout. About 4:30pm, my phone rang and I was surprised to see that he was the one calling. Answering it, he asked me if I could meet him around 6pm at our "home away from home." It took me a while to answer, but of course my answer was "yes." It was, I'd like to say, my "Twenty seconds of insane courage," and true enough, something great came out of it.

I just can't explain how wonderful it felt seeing him again, hug him, kiss him. We talk everyday, but nothing can be sweeter than seeing each other in person - sharing the love for each other. It felt great sharing dinner with him - though his fries got me salivating (too bad I told myself I won't eat fried food this week), and it felt great sharing stories.

Before eating dinner though, we did one round of his Insanity workout. I still have Bloody Mary with me, but what the heck... let this workout be my "embarrassing bravery." It was tough - doing my video workout on and off, and now I had to do an insane workout. It made my legs wobble (if I reach 170lbs. I'd video it so you'd see how insane Mr. Pipoy's workout is), but it made me appreciate his efforts to shower me with love. You know, workouts can be tough, but knowing he's taking the time to help me be fit, I am happy enough. We did three rounds of the workout, and it made me catch my breath - but never did I give up. I was elated, I was on top of the world, I was in heaven. The first time we found our "home away from home," he told me, "I will make you happy," and today - our third month into the relationship, he still makes me happy.

Sadly, I wasn't able to take any picture today - I was in a hurry I forgot to bring my camera and my cellphone didn't have enough battery juice.

Happy third month, love!
I love you so much!

Fitness talk:
  • 6:45 am - walk to and around Colinas Verdes (1 hour 45 minutes)
  • 10:02 am - Hip Hop Abs (Cardio)
  • 1:15 pm - 8 Minute Arms
  • 3:07 pm - Hip Hop Abs (Ab Sculpt)
Was able to do my schedule today, yey!
Fish Paksiw

Food I ate today:
  • 9:01 am - 1 piece sliced White bread + 1 tablespoon mashed hard boiled egg
  • 11:10 am - 1/2 cup rice; Fish Paksiw (80g fish cooked in vinegar, chili fingers, ginger, onion, garlic - seasoned with salt and pepper)
  • 8-ish in the evening - 1 serving Spaghetti (KFC - cold cuts taken aside)
Total Cups of Water: 10 at home + the water I drank while with Mr. Pipoy
I sure had a wonderful start of the week. Everything just fell into its place, I love this day!


1 comment:

  1. It's always fun to reconnect with old friends, isn't it? And congratulations on your blossoming romance!

    =)

    ReplyDelete

We are grateful to have you here.