Sunday, January 15, 2012

Goals for the Next 16 Days

Broccoli

Today is 15 January... 16 more days to go 'til the next weigh in. I have had problems the first half of the month, but right now, I am concentrating on the next 16 days to do my best to lose weight the right way. With that, my goals for the next 16 days are:
  • Walk every morning for at least 1 1/2 hours.
  • List every morsel of food and drink that entered my system.
  • Eat at least one kind of vegetable every single day.
  • Back to eating basics: 1/2 cup of rice per meal, chicken and beef at 50g per meal, fish and seafood at 70g per meal.
  • Cook 4 healthy recipes from Maiylah's "Food Friday" share.
  • 12 cups of water every day.
  • Incorporate low-impact jogging and follow the exercise schedule.

Speaking of "Exercise Schedule," I read through the Belly Dancing DVD my Aunt Bing gave me that one must mix different workouts to prevent one from plateauing. Since I am not 200lbs yet, I still can't do my Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred Workout, so I will consider January as my last month to do Hip Hop Abs. Since I have two new video workouts, I sure want to do as much as I can, so I have to keep a schedule that will allow me to mix the workouts and do everything.

  • Mondays and Wednesdays > Hip Hop Abs (Cardio), Hip Hop Abs (Ab Sculpt), 8 minutes Arms Workout
  • Tuesdays and Fridays > Hip Hop Abs (Cardio), Hip Hop Abs (Hips, Buns, and Thighs), 8 minutes Legs Workout
  • Wednesdays and Saturdays > Les Mills Workouts (House, and the one from YouTube), Bump and Burn
  • Sundays > Basically my day off, but will do Aero-Kae-Bo and Kathy Smith's Belly Dance Workout if I am not going anywhere

Exceptions? Of course, I have to be realistic that there will be days that I can't follow this schedule if I will attend events. As of this writing, I have a schedule on the 18th at 6pm at Serendra (means I have to be out of the house by 3:30pm), and one on the 19th at 6pm at Trinoma (means I have to be out of the house by 4:30pm). Since both schedules will take place late in the afternoon, I still have enough time to follow my schedule. Now, if I will receive an invitation for a daytime event, then I will have to waive off the schedule.

Oh, why the picture of a broccoli? I just remembered that Lyn (of Escape from Obesity) is currently having a challenge - to include broccoli and its sidekicks in the diet. I remembered "signing up" for this challenge, and since the nearby market is selling broccoli and cauliflower, I think I can do this challenge. For one meal this week, I will eat broccoli. :)

The next 16 days will be exciting, but of course, I have to keep in mind that this month may not give me the best results as far as numbers are concerned. Well, I am not really pushing for a lot, as long as I don't gain weight, I will be happy.

Let's get this weight loss program back on track.


1 comment:

We are grateful to have you here.