Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Day Out with the Family

Day 114
23 January 2012

Circle of Fun

Parents' wedding anniversary was last Saturday, but since we all got something to do that day and that today (Monday) was a holiday, I planned for us to celebrate this day by going to Quezon Memorial Circle to walk and possibly jog and then go to Circle of Fun (a theme park) so we could enjoy the rides and feel like we're kids again. It sure was a great plan, but when we got there, we were so sad to know that the Circle of Fun was closed because it was a holiday. Bummer. I sure was hoping it would be open because it was a holiday and for sure there will be a lot of people going to the park. I really wanted for us to ride the roller coaster and the Ferris Wheel and maybe let go of my fears of driving the bump car... but I guess we will just have to visit the park again at a later date.

We still enjoyed the first part of the day, though... we checked the shops and ended up shopping for clothes and shoes, as well as eat breakfast there - eating a hot, comforting bowl of congee and sharing some okoy.

Quezon Memorial Circle Quezon Memorial Circle

Quezon Memorial Circle Quezon Memorial Circle Quezon Memorial Circle

I love doing jump shots! From the very first jump shot I did back in 2008, I think I have tried doing the jump shot every time I travel (provided there will be someone taking my picture). Before, I could only do one kind of pose, but now that I have lost weight, I can jump higher and try other poses, too! Soon, I will try to do that "karate" and "meditation" poses. :)

Carinderia Buffet

Bro and Sis Mom and I

From Quezon Memorial Circle, we traveled to Carinderia Buffet along V.Luna (just 15 minutes away) to eat lunch. Sister and I learned about this place last year, and knowing the buffet was cheap (just p119 + VAT) and that they serve typical Filipino dishes, we figured this would be a good place for the family to try - especially that brother loves to eat.

Mom devoured on big fish heads and shellfish, brother and sister feasted on meat dishes, and while I did taste some meat dishes, too, I focused more on the vegetable dishes, just so to keep things healthy.

What I placed on my plate:

Plate of Food

It is a buffet, so diners can get as little or as much food as they want. I wanted to try to taste all dishes, but I can't go for the pork dishes, so this was what I ate. Of course, I ate these all, but I didn't really put in a lot - just a tablespoon (or so) of each dishes. Aside from this, I also had three snails, and a little bowl of dessert (cassava, gelatin and platain bananas). My tummy felt like it will burst after lunch, but my sister and brother thought I ate quite a little for a buffet lunch. They felt I didn't get my money's worth, but I was so full that lunch, so I felt I got my money's worth.

I didn't eat dinner anymore, but I had a cup of hot coffee to help stabilize my tummy.

Even if we didn't get to do everything we hoped to do for this day, being with the family always make me happy. I am happy with the renewed spirits, with trying out new things, for feeling the love.


Sweet Shot Day

4 comments:

  1. I love the jump shots. Not something I have done a great many of but you have inspired me to give them a go.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun was had by all!

    Erika B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm visiting from Sweet Shot Tuesday. Goodness gracious, that food looks so yummy! And I love the jump shots, too. Might have to try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete

We are grateful to have you here.