Sunday, January 22, 2012

Taking a Break from Food Trips

Creating new roles for yourself can be both exciting and stressful.
But the bottomline is, if you are courageous enough to stick to it for the long haul;
you are creating more options for yourself and the possibilities in your life shall be limitless.
- Ela's FB Status

Day 112
20 January 2012

Sunrise

I woke up early today to do my morning walk. My sister should walk with me, but when I woke her up, she told me she won't walk with me and would just sleep longer. Well, okay... I felt sad that I won't be sharing the early morning with her, but of course, I had to keep going because this journey is basically for me. I didn't take my camera today, though... since there weren't much subjects to take pictures of, I decided to just bring my cell phone with me to capture bits and pieces to remember the day by.

Minor Accident

This being Friday morning - it surprised me to see more than a few people at the area, some of which were students. Near the gate while walking back, I saw a very minor accident - two guys sat on a skateboard and let the downhill road carry them, but because their speed was quite fast, they sort of fell. One guy was injured, but nothing serious - as you can see, two of his friends were still playing with the skateboard as if nothing happened. For some reasons, I felt I miss the joys of being a high school student - doing crazy little things, but at my age now, I felt like I wanted to scold them - injury is still an injury, I hope they take care next time.

By the way, remember the plump man I shared a few days back? I saw him again - this time he was walking while carrying a pair of dumbbells, which looked slightly bigger than the 2-lb dumbbells I own. It made me think - now that I lost 24lbs., should I go for a much heavier pair of dumbbells?

Pink and White Hibiscus

Was able to do my video workouts, too... and I also got to walk with my siblings late in the afternoon to buy food for dinner. In one of our neighbors' gardens, I saw this very unique hibiscus - it was already a big plant, with lots of white flowers, but for some strange reason, one of the flowers was pink. As cute as it looked, it sure made me think about life's strange outcomes. :)

Beef with Broccoli

What I ate today -
  • 8:56 am - 1 serving Pansit Palabok
  • 12:25 pm - 1/2 cup rice, Chicken Adobo (1 piece chicken drumstick cooked in soy sauce, vinegar, onions, garlic, pepper and bay leaf)
  • 6:35 pm - 1/2 cup rice, 1/3 cup Beef with Broccoli (broccoli florets and thinly sliced beef cooked with oyster sauce and cornstarch slurry)
Total Cups of Water - 14
It was wonderful to be home... enjoying the noontime soap operas while doing work, taking a few breaks here and there to check on little Moe-Moe (the kitty), and listen to different songs that takes me on a journey.

Closing this post, I'd like to share that I received three emails today: one was for an invitation to heath and wellness (it's now on my planner, this is going to be an awesome event), one an inquiry if I would like to receive some items to review it, and one is a personalized voucher to try a yogurt store's newest product (good for two, I am planning to share it with either sis or with Mr. Pipoy). My food blog has been the blog that gave me the most rewards, and I keep on thanking the Lord for blessing me with so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.