Thursday, October 18, 2012

Movies to Watch

I am a couch potato, but I am more of a TV series person than a movie person. Once, a group of friends and I had a little discussion about several movies and for a moment I just found myself lost in the string of words, basically because I wasn't watching that much movies. Some movies I have watched in the past I couldn't remember much, so aside from reading books, I really want to watch more movies - not particularly at a cinema, though, I still prefer watching at the comforts of our home so I can rewind certain parts I didn't understand, or maybe pause it when I need to go get some water... oh okay, something to eat. :)

Last weekend, brother went to his weekly prayer meeting and came home with a lot of DVDs. Their host for the night has a huge collection of DVDs, and since my brother is having problems sleeping at night, he thought it would be great to spend his time watching movies, so he borrowed as much as he could. Some titles didn't appeal to me, so among the batch he borrowed, these were the ones I want to watch.


Australia (2008) Nicole Kidman | Hugh Jackman
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (2009) Anna Farris | Bill Hader 
Knight and Day (2010) Tom Cruise | Cameron Diaz


2012 (2009) John Cusak | Thandie Newton 
Inception (2010) Leonardo DiCaprio 
Love & Other Drugs (2010) Jake Gyllenhaal | Anne Hathaway


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) Daniel Craig | Rooney Mara 
Johnny English Reborn (2011) Rowan Atkinson
This Means War (2012) Reese Witherspoon | Chris Pike | Tom Hardy


Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000) Nicolas Cage | Angelina Jolie  
1408 (2007) John Cusack | Samuel L. Jackson 
The Number 23 (2007) Jim Carrey | Virginia Madsen | Logan Lerman


Bolt (2008) Miley Cyrus | John Travolta
The Tailor of Panama (2001) Pierce Brosnan | Geoffrey Rush 
Unstoppable (2010) Denzel Washington | Chris Pine 

The titles with strikethrough were the ones I already watched. A quick, short review...

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. A very entertaining, lesson-filled movie, but somehow I found the story short, in the sense that there was no proper ending. Well, okay the world was saved from the food storm... but what happened to the town?

Inception. A movie that needs proper attention as I watched it twice before I finally understood it well.. but this is now my favorite DiCaprio movie ever!

Love & Other Drugs. It's something that wouldn't make it to my "top movie list," but it was entertaining. Funny, sweet, and towards the end I just found it quite heartwarming. Good thing I watched it.

1408. Not over-the-top scary, but it was fine.

The Number 23. At first I thought it would be boring, but I was wrong. Now I know I prefer "serious" Jim Carrey movies over the comedy ones.

I am now thinking of listing all the movies I have watched... but I will start next month. Let's see how much movies I can watch in a monthly basis.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.