Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Beck Diet Solution: A Look Back


The Beck Diet Solution

I have said time and time again that I am not the typical bookworm, but the very few times I enter Booksale (a shop selling books at a bargain price), I always check their shelves for something I could buy to stimulate my brain.

Sometime before, I started including "The Beck Diet Solution" on my journey. As I re-enter the path to wellness, I want to go back to it, too, but before I continue with it, let me just take a look back and re-asses each of the lessons in the book.

Day 1: Record the Advantages of Losing Weight
Before, some of the reasons I listed for losing weight included Mr. Pipoy... but now that he is out of my life, I see no reason why I sure read the same ARCs. I need to create a new card, but right at this moment, the main motivation I am having is my cousin's upcoming wedding January next year. It will be a big celebration and I might be required to wear a dress, so I really have to lose weight so I won't feel bad about how I will carry my dress.

Day 2: Pick Two Reasonable Diets
I still am going to apply the my diet before - lessening the food intake and eating out. "No Diet B" for me, simply because I haven't found something that is flexible enough to jive with my lifestyle (I am a food blogger, too, by the way).

Day 3: Eat Sitting Down
I have to remind myself that meals should be eaten at the dinner table and not in front of the net book and / or TV. No free food sampling at the Supermarket as well.

Day 4: Give Yourself Credit
I used to have this can where I put money every time I give myself credit. With the money saved, I was able to buy some clothes, footwear, and some beauty products. Now that I am also working on building up my confidence, I accept the fact that my physical body needs some help from different products, and I plan to use the money I saved from the "Credit Account" to buy certain items in the future.

Day 5: Eat Slowly and Mindfully
Yes, I am a food blogger and during certain events, restaurants would serve different dishes that would make me want to taste it all. Striking balance is difficult, but the I have to tell myself to eat mindfully. If I want to taste all, I should just eat bite size portions. Chewing slowly will not only help with the digestion process, it would also make me feel as if I ate a lot of the food.

Day 6: Find a Diet Coach
Mr. Pipoy was my Diet Coach, but now that we aren't fitness buddies anymore, I don't have a diet coach, but I will just seek advices from my online friends.

Day 7: Arrange Your Environment
No major changes as to where we put food items in the house, but one change I applied was to de-clutter. Seeing the house clean sure really made me want to be at home more.

Day 8: Create Time and Energy
Yes, I know I really have to make time for exercises and not do it only when I have time. However, there might be days when I can't really apply this, especially during event days. I live way too far from the heart of the Metro and traveling would take a lot of time, so even if I want to exercise, I simply just can't. Good thing about this is that it's not everyday that I attend events, so yes, I can still create time and energy to do my exercises.

Next lesson will be shared tomorrow. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.