Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Beck Diet Solution: Day 10

A few days ago, a childhood friend (who's a plus size like me since then) messaged me on Facebook asking if I wanted to join The Biggest Loser - Philippine Edition. I told her I want to, but me weighing 202lbs (yep I gained weight again), I don't think the show would consider me because the requirement is at least 200lbs for women. I am actually a big fan of the show, and I sure hoped to be a part of it (I remember watching The Biggest Loser Australia and told myself if the show comes to the Philippines, I'd audition but wasn't able to). Now, I don't think I can anymore.

Part of losing weight is for people to set goals, which is the topic of today's The Beck Diet Solution.


Ask anyone who want to lose weight about their "goal weight," they'd immediately tell you of their long term goal. I am (of course) like that, too, having to set my goal at 150lbs by May 2013... but I never really thought about setting a short term goal...something that is realistic to reach.

In the book, Dr. Beck says we should aim to lose 5lbs. She didn't say whether it is for the month, but she did say we should celebrate every 5lbs lost - not really by eating - but by rewarding ourselves with something good... like a massage, or maybe a tennis lesson.

Recalling my friend Nathalie's blog post, it was stated there that the healthy weight loss is at 1-2lbs per week, so I guess it is surely realistic to aim 5lbs per month.. but of course, if one loses more than that, then it a blessing to celebrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.