Monday, April 9, 2012

My Summer Shake

Going on a weekend getaway with my sister and mom was something I am very thankful for. Happy that I didn't have to report for work from Thursday 'til Saturday (Sunday is my off day) just allowed me to enjoy summer. I am sure I won't have any other good summer getaway unless they schedule it on a Sunday, so this already made my summer complete.

Sister Summer Shake

Saturday afternoon, we took the time to take a dip into the beach and enjoy the waves. There were a lot of people at the beach, but that moment, we just enjoyed it. Before heading back to the resort, we checked nearby resorts for their menu hoping to find something interesting to eat. We did find something, but we learned mom already phoned room service, so instead of eating dinner out, we just went to one resort to have a glass of fruit shake.

I chose the Summer Shake, which had melon, mango, pineapple and vanilla ice cream. I love the blend of fruits, though the mango one was overpowering. What I loved the most were the pineapple bits that cut the mango flavor and added a twist to the drink.

Oh, we had this at Evangeline's Beach Resort. I love their friendly, bubbly wait staff.


MellowYellowMondayBadge

2 comments:

  1. That looks so rich, yum..

    Visiting for Mellow Yellow Monday- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/04/orchard-park-easter-egg-hunting.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so refreshing...and you look great, lovely shot! visiting late from last week's WE, hope you can visit me back. thanks and have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete

We are grateful to have you here.