Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Walking with Dumbbells

Let me give you some advice bastard. 
Never forget what you are. 
The rest of the world will not. 
Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you. 
Tyrion Lannister to John Snow - Game of Thrones 


It didn't rain last night, so I knew I would go out and walk this morning. I set the alarm at 5:15am, but I was still sleepy and decided to snooze off again and got up when my sister was ready to leave for work. It was already 6am when we left the house, but of course I was glad to finally come out and break the cold, dry spell of not doing a morning walk.

Walking with Dumbbells

Like what I set to do this week, I carried with me the pair of 1-lb dumbbells I would use as I walk. I wore a jacket with pockets where I kept the dumbbells while I walked from our place to Colinas Verdes. Once I reached Colinas Verdes, I stopped for a while to do some stretching to prepare my body. I didn't know if it was because I wasn't walking for a long time or that the dumbbells provided enough resistance, but when I reached Colinas Verdes, I was already bathing in sweat. A good indication, me thinks.

Colinas Verdes Clubhouse

Normally (as I have already gone used to the route), it would take 30-45 minutes, but it took me nearly an hour just to reach it. Well, as I walked, I did some hand exercises with the dumbbells, and even if it was just a pound each on my hands, combining the arm exercises with walking made me really tired.

I guess this type of walking I did made me so slow that I found myself alone in the route. For a while I feared maybe I was walking an endless road, but I knew this route so well. I guess I was just really tired and I wanted to reach the end of it so I could go home already. :)

Two things that caught my interest during my walk:

Grass' Flowers

White Grass. I couldn't tell if these were the flowers, but the tall grasses along the road had these.

Pink Flowers

Pink Flowers. I don't know what's it called, but for quite a big tree, it had sweet looking flowers!

It was already past 8am when I left Colinas Verdes. Like what I always did, I took the jeepney back to our neighborhood because sun was already shining so bright at that time. Passengers inside the jeepney all looked at me as I took my seat, the man next to me scoot over to keep his distance away from me. Well, I understood that I looked awful - I was sweaty and they were all looking fresh ready for work or school, but of course the stares and the negative gestures gave my heart a little pain.

Walking from the market to our house, more people were staring at me, and for a while I couldn't fathom why. When I reached home I realized why: my clothes were so wet! Well, I did sweat a lot today - my shirt was thick, so was the jacket... but it still looked as if I wore clothes fresh from the washing machine.

I did the Hip Hop Abs Cardio around 10am, but when I took my shower after that, I felt so refreshed and tired and aching all over. I wasn't able to do the rest of what I needed to do, but for the effort I did today, I was already happy.

What I ate today:


Breakfast: 1 piece bread + grape jelly + peanut butter
Lunch: 1/2 cup rice, 2/3 cup Menudo (pork, potatoes, carrots, green peas in tomato sauce)
Dinner: 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup Misua-Patola (misua, sponge gourd, pork)
Cups of Water: 17

A pat on the back for a job well done today... although I spent my afternoon watching the first season of "Game of Thrones" as I was really feeling sore and sleepy.


and then, she {snapped} NapTime MomTog

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.