Sunday, September 16, 2012

Goals for the Week: 17 - 23 September 2012

I wasn't able to document last week's progress, but I didn't really immerse myself into the fitness of things, although I did do some Hip Hop Abs routines and I did watch my food intake this week.

Me - Sept 2012
Bonifacio High Street (Taguig City) - 13 September 2012 - 210lbs.
Top - Gap | Jeans - B.N.W. | Shoes - Toms | Bag - Agnes B.

Last Thursday, the family celebrated mom's birthday and us having pictures here and there, I really did notice I am gaining so much weight. Well, my weight is somewhere between 208 and 210lbs., I will gain myself tomorrow morning so I will know how much weight I will lost by the end of the month. Needless to say, it was indeed a wake up call.

This week being my comeback week, I really need to do a lot in order to get things going. My goals:

1. Go through Lyn's Habit a Week Challenges 1 -12
  • Fix Your Water Intake > 15 - 20 cups of water per day.
  • Move! > Follow the fitness plans strictly, no excuses.
  • Eat a Veggie > Eat at least one kind of vegetable a day.
  • Increase Your Fiber > Through fruits, mainly.
  • Eat Healthy Fats > More of  lessen the oil intake as we don't have olive oil here at the house.
  • Watch Your Portions > Back to 1/2 cup of rice per meal, 75g maximum for meat, 100g max for fish / seafood.
  • Love Yourself > Mani-Pedi, watch video tutorials about applying make up that would suit my facial features.
  • Curb Nighttime Eating > Dinner will have to be the last food intake for the day. 
  • Sleep! > Lights off at 11pm.
  • Find Alternatives to Eating > Read books, update the blogs, tend the garden.
  • Write it Down > Have a new food log.

2.  Fitness
  • MWF - Morning walk with 1lb. dumbbell in each hand, Hip Hop Abs (Cardio), Hip Hop Abs (Ab Sculpt), 8 Minute Arms, Arm exercises based on the book.
  • TThS - Morning walk with wider strides + Jogging, Hip Hop Abs (Cardio), Hip Hop Abs (Hips, Buns, Thighs), 8 Minute Legs, Thigh exercises based on the Magazine article.
  • Sunday - Zumba video workouts through YouTube.

3. Other Goals
  • Allow just one food trip this week.
  • Create another set of Action Response Cards based on the Beck Diet Solution.
  • No sweets, processed food, and junk food.

Exercise will have to be toughest thing to do this week, but I will do it. I loved how I felt and looked like when I reached 196lbs., I really want to feel that awesome feeling again. No more excuses, no more laziness, no more backing out.

One point to raise, though... what happens when it's raining in the morning? Does that mean taking out walking / jogging into the schedule? Absolutely not! If it's raining and I can't go out to do an outdoor walk, I'd go to the nearby gym when it opens in the morning so I could use their treadmill and their other machines. Taking the schedule into consideration - if it's MWF, I'd use the treadmill and the elliptical machine for an hour, then use machines for the arms for the next hour; if it's TThS, I'd use the treadmill and elliptical machine for an hour then use machines for the abs and legs for the next hour.


a page from my journal, august 2011

I love Lyn's Habit a Week Challenge. Here on my blog, I only got to share 11 habit building blocks, and today I'd like to include #12 as it is something I really need to do this week as far as dieting is concerned. Write it Down, has been a technique that really worked for me as it helped me second guess the food I am about to eat. The thought of writing it down and seeing it in the days, months, maybe years ahead really helped me make certain decisions. Is this piece of food worth writing it down? If it's junk, then no, it will never be worth it.

Last year, even before I embarked on a much documented weight loss program, I started listing down the food I ate and the drinks I drank. When I opened this blog, I didn't list the food anymore, instead I took pictures using my cell phone so I could also record the time I ate the food. For this program, I'd do both - writing and photographing the food, to ensure maximum potential of it.

It didn't rain tonight, so there's a big chance of walking outdoors tomorrow morning. :)
I'm ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are grateful to have you here.